+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So confused?!?!

So confused?!?!

I posted on here last week about a big bust up with my ex-boyfriends mother. It had been brewing a while and I can't say I was surprised. My ex stayed silent throughout the whole thing and asked his mother to leave our home, which I had moved back into temporarily (which was one of the reasons for her turning up and having an outburst!)
    Following the arguement with his mum, he left our house to 'go for a drive' and never returned that night. The following day I left and went back to my mothers house with our son. The evening he left my mum happened to pass his parents house and told me his car had been parked there.
    He never contacted me from leaving the house Tuesday afternoon until Friday teatime. Nothing about our son or the arguement. When he did get in contact he simply asked to see his son. I ignored him as first and after he text again I politely told him I was out with friends (on a friends birthday night out) and I would discuss it the following day. When he text the next day I told him I wanted to discuss issues that had made the visitation situation difficult (i.e. his mother). He spoke breifly about Tuesday saying he wasn't getting involved in the fight between me and his mother and he had stayed at a hotel because he needed sleep (he went on a 'all night bender' Monday and didn't come in til 7am Tuesday and had had little sleep).
    We had been on dates prior to the fall out and he had told me he wanted to 'work on things'. He even sent me texts telling me I was a great mum and he loved me. He invited me out for lunch and took me on dates and things seemed to be getting back on track. However, whenever I mentioned our relationship he would just go silent and not reply to texts. A bit later on Saturday he asked to see our son again. I told him I wanted to discuss the issues and after a couple of texts and as things turned into talking about me and him he stopped texting.
    It's now Monday and I still haven't heard anything. My ex does have a tendency to not deal with problems and prefers to hide away until the dust settles. Do you think this is what he's doing? Or is it a lost cause? How can he be so loving until Tuesday and completely change because of his mothers outburst?
    I'm so confused and I think he is being really unfair on our son!

I had a similar problem between my ex and my mother. I simply told my mom she cannot come over and start raising her voice which wasn't necessary. It's one thing if it were her place but I calmly made it very clear to her not be disrespectful in one's home. The problem could have been resolved without the dramatic outburst only to make everyone upset. Your ex should have been made that clear to his mother. It's like you going into his mother's home yelling at her same rule applies in anyone's home. Family or non-family. It's not hard to do.

I don't like the idea was not dealing with problems and hoping they settle . . .it's almost like he doesn't want to be proactive and face them himself, he waits till it goes away or someone else fixes it.

I don't know what he's doing but he's being unfair to you and your son . . . there is a reason why he's your ex after all.