+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is showing a girl to the bedroom on a first date coming across bit misleading?

Is showing a girl to the bedroom on a first date coming across bit misleading?

Basically, i've got a girl coming around tomorrow, im 21, she's 23.

As usually the parents will be owning the tele downstairs, and i don't her to sit in a room with me and my (just met) parents and that's awkward and shite streamrolled into one.

So is going straight to my bedroom coming across abit misleading, like im wanting something on the first date? I do really like this girl so don't want her to think that's what im trying to get at. Im happy just watching tele with her (and yeah, i have a tele in my room)

So what do you think? Is it too risky, that i should ask my parents to move out the room (which they won't be too pleased or might even object too) .

It's only a small thing, but i don't want to blow it and come across a twat; basically.

Neither option sounds all that great. Why aren't you taking her out somewhere for your first date?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    watching TV at your house isn't a date. MerryH is right - take her OUT.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'll third it. Even going for a walk to the local playground or park would be preferable. Is there a neighborhood restaurant or pub? Even a dive.

Just say "you know, I've never been here before, but wanted to get out of the house." that way if the place is really scuzzy (and not in a fun way) you've got cover.

As for whether it would be misleading to suggest the bedroom for watching TV/DVD/music/YouTube - no, I don't think it would be misleading. Lots of college students have retired to a bedroom not for sex, but for simple privacy.

-PP

I layed out a number of options for her, go out for a meal, go catch a film, or just hang at mine. Seems she wanted to do that?

That's why we're doing this.

History is, we used to hang out together like 3 years ago, n' go cinema and stuff. so we're not exactly TOTAL strangers to going about with eachother.

Well, I guess I am a different one here. It's not misleading, you live with your parents, your room is like your house, it's perfectly fine to go there to watch telly etc. Trust me, it's much preferred over sitting in a room with the parents all evening, or kicking parents out. Just make sure your room is tidy, not too much, but neat. It's nice to just sit in your room, on the bed even cause mostly there's no other place to sit, and watch telly, chat and so on.. I wouldn't think anything strange of it. No worries. If you two end up getting tired of sitting inside, you can always take a walk or something, but to me there's nothing wrong with a date like this, even though it's not really a "date"-date.

yeah thats cool man its not like you really have a choice. Just don't go in your room and like pull the covers back :-p But yeah, I would of def tried to take her somewhere where you guys could spend quality time and not be interrupted

Given the circumstances and the fact its someone you know already, I don't think that would be a problem.. but don't make a habit of it. Maybe you could event rent a movie or something?.. at least that is a step up.

Given that you already know her and have hung out in the past, I wouldn't worry at all. Don't think of it as a bedroom, but your "man-cave".

Yeah, if you've hung out in the past, and she chose your house for a date, then she probably expects to be in your room. But maybe you could also spend some time outside, like on a patio, deck, or garden. Just so you're not sitting around your room the whole time.

No way man, don't even introduce her to your parents. Just take her right up to your room at get busy with that.