+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Complimentary, Sexy, or just a plain nuisance? Male advice on cyber contact!

Complimentary, Sexy, or just a plain nuisance? Male advice on cyber contact!

Hi

My Boss has made serveral comments that have lead me to believe he is interested in me, but its the wrong time at the moment.

Why iis it the wrong time? My Boyfriend works for him too as a Manager and I am a Secretary.

I may email my Boss approximately three times a week, not about anything personal, but work stuff. It would be obvious to him that I am just taking an opportunity to mail him. My Boss works at a different location to me, so I see him about once every three months.

Both me and my Boss are sensible people and wouldnt want to cause any hurt to my Boyfriend.

BUT WHAT I WANT TO KNOW FROM A MALE POINT OF VIEW IS: would this be as the tite suggests - Complimentary, Sexy or just a plain nuisance?

My Boss is a respectable Man and he wouldnt just sack my Boyfriend, also their business relationship would become very awward if I dropped my Boyfriend for my Boss, obviously. So that is out of the question.

So, what do you think?

PC x

Ya, well... u already know dats a no, no. Plus dat can be sexual harrassment if u think his violating u? U should save all his emails.. haha u nvr know. But if ur flirting back? Then its still a no

Well you have a boyfriend and your boss is apparently a respectable man. . . just distance yourself from communication and keep it professional, don't give him any sign of interest.

Thanks for the replies x

But I really just wanted to know if from a Male point of view in general it was classed as compliment, something sexy?

No way would he ever do anything like sexual harrasment.

As for not giving him any sign of interest, he knows that I fancy him, Ive gone about it in a safe way that I could talk myself out of trouble if I needed to, but then so has he, which is what we both like as there isnt any risk of anyone geting hurt that way!

More feedback please, PC x

Sorry, I menat a compliment to him that I mail him?

I didnt explain myself very well in the first post, Sorry x

Feedback really wanted, please, please! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Petal..;you do sound like a little girl in your writing and in your recount of everything that is going on in this wierd triangle...you, your boyfriend and your boss...

This is silly really to entertain a fantasy in your mind and to be asking these pointless questions when you know and you MUST know really that business comes first and that starting an affair (even emotional) would only lead to problems.

If you love your bfriend, respect him and keep away from anything remotely flirty with yourboss. If you don't love your bfriend, break up with him and try to find a man outside of your profesional life.
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Keep it professional. Since you don't actually describe what the comments are, it is impossible for me to say whether they're "complimentary, sexy or nuisance". If you really want answers, I suggest you clearly spell out the exact situation. Getting involved with your boss just makes bad business sense from all angles (even if you weren't seeing a guy who works for the same company).

Ok, its really never going to happen anyway!

And without telling the whole story, I think its impossible for anyone here to understand.

But thanks anyway, I just wanted to know if a guy thinks its a compliment to receive emails from somene that fancies him, or basially is it just a plain nuisance!!!!

My Boss happens to own the Business!

PC x

Eh, ur playing with fire. But, ya.. anyone in theyre right mind will find it a compliment if a good looking girl/guy emails them and writes sweet stuff. But, dats just my opinion. ya

Quote Originally Posted by Petalcub View Post
    Ok, its really never going to happen anyway!

And without telling the whole story, I think its impossible for anyone here to understand.

But thanks anyway, I just wanted to know if a guy thinks its a compliment to receive emails from somene that fancies him, or basially is it just a plain nuisance!!!!

My Boss happens to own the Business!

PC x
    Coming from a male perspective if I were your boyfriend and you didn't talk to me about this I would be very upset with you for disregarding my feelings on it and no being honest. It's not us you have to ask it's your boyfriend. You see part of being in a relationship is being "honest" with the person your with. Based on what you've revealed so far there is no indcation you have done so.

Let's break this down:

it was classed as compliment, something sexy? If the compliment is in anyway "sexually" suggestive in nature you have definitely crossed the line. The word "sexy" set off alarm bells in my mind...not good. Love is not a game. You either truly love your boyfriend or you don't. You need to be more direct and know what you want.

"And without telling the whole story, I think its impossible for anyone here to understand."

Oh really? . . . well anyways, do you think your boyfriend would understand? Also, if he was doing this, how would you feel?
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions