+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I don't know what to tell her?!?!

I don't know what to tell her?!?!

I recently have been drawn to a girl and want to let her know how I feel. The good thing is that I seem to make her laugh and there is a good vibe whenever we talk or text.

Also once I was driving her home and I opened the car door for her and she thought it was the sweetest thing.

So next time I feel confident and it is just the to of us I want to tell her but am not sure how to do it.

I figured just saying" ___name__ I need to tell you something for a while now I've really liked you and I would like it if we could get to know each other alittle better."

Is that good? and the thing is when I opened the car door she texted her best friend and her bestfriend texted me about it like a min. after I did it. So do I bring her friend in on it and let her know what I am going to say???

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My vote: skip the corny crap and just... get to know her better. A hand on the small of her back as you open the door for her will convey your more then friendly feelings just fine enough.

If you're set on asking her out a better option is simply:

"Hey, would you like to go out to dinner this weekend?"

Declaring "for a while now I've really liked you" may not matter if she either really likes you too or has no interest.

However, if she's kinda sorta interested then if could be a turn-off.

Just keep it short, sweet and non-serious. "I know you like jazz and there's a be-bop quartet at the Happy Toad tonight - would you be interested in going?"

Good luck,
    PP

Edit: Posted the same time as Girl68. I'll second her advice too. Just be kind and friendly and she'll know you care.
    Last edited by Poetic_Partner; 19-10-10 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetic_Partner View Post
    Better option is simply:

"Hey, would you like to go out to dinner this weekend?"

Declaring "for a while now I've really liked you" may not matter if she either really likes you too or has no interest.

However, if she's kinda sorta interested then if could be a turn-off.

Just keep it short, sweet and non-serious. "I know you like jazz and there's a be-bop quartet at the Happy Toad tonight - would you be interested in going?"

Good luck,
    PP
    So don't be straight up just keep hinting to her that I like her, talk to her more, meet with her more, etc. etc. ?

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    My vote: skip the corny crap and just... get to know her better. A hand on the small of her back as you open the door for her will convey your more then friendly feelings just fine enough.
    I think it wold start to be obvious but what if she doesn't notice for some reason or is just thinking I am being nice

If you start by saying "listen, ive liked you for a while or something i wanna say" type of lines with a girl you know you have a shot with, your shooting yourself in the foot. Those are lines you use when you've got something to discuss and you think you're going to get shot down.

Just simply ask her if she'd like to go to coffee with you (or a walk or wtv), or to some other similar type interaction. If you keep it simple, won't be as much pressure on either of you. You show her that you are interested in getting to know her better and spending that type of 1 on 1 time with her. By the thats over with, she should know your interested (because 1: your hanging out with her and 2: during said event you give off the impression you are as well.. by this i mean don't just act shy and timid, you need to have that sort of self confidence so she FEELS your interested.. not just because your present physically).

Asking her out a 2nd time for wtv should be a breeze if all goes well 1st time around.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by R0aDRuNN3R5 View Post
    I think it wold start to be obvious but what if she doesn't notice for some reason or is just thinking I am being nice
    Then she's completely stupid.

"...So don't be straight up just keep hinting to her that I like her, talk to her more, meet with her more, etc. etc. ? ..."

Yep. That's pretty much the way it goes. In fact, if you get used to that it actually takes a lot of the pressure off.

Don't believe the fairy-tale "You're my soul mate and I've known since sixth grade." "OMG! Same here!" junk. In the one in a million event that is actually the case, taking it slow won't hurt things. In the 999,999 in a million it is not the case, coming on too strong can and will hurt your chances.

-PP

If they are really your friends, then they should not mind. I also, have a crude sens of humor, and not all of my friends appreciate it. But if I say something that really upsets them, they have the decency to talk to me about it. For the most part, I just tell them I am kidding.
    <a href="http://www.memorycardzoo.com/Zhu-Zhu-Pets">zhu zhu hamsters</a>

The thing is women like men to be their 'best friend' as well as their partner so it's important that that you keep the friendship, the better you are of being a real friend the more chance you will have of gettin her and she will respect you for it, but just take your time and wait for the right moment, 'when is the right moment i hear you ask' your heart will tell you.
    <a href="http://www.memorycardzoo.com/Zhu-Zhu-Pets">zhu zhu hamsters</a>