+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is my ex purposely trying to hurt me?

is my ex purposely trying to hurt me?

my ex is seeing a girl shortly after our breakup and now he is emailing her from a certain email that he knows i have the password to. is he purposely trying to cause me pain? (like use any other email that i dont have the pw to) or what? why would he do that? its not his everyday email address, like typically he would use another one .

The thing is he has no reason to hate me or anything. He didnt want the relationship anymore and he basically knew i did so i dont understand

Why do you need to use that same email account?

Use a new email account and don't look to see what he's doing - move on

"my ex is seeing a girl shortly after our breakup and now he is emailing her" . . .okay, so he's kinda moving on
    "from a certain email that he knows i have the password to." . . . so he wants you to know he's 'moving on'

That sounds kind dumb on his part, it's like him trying to show you he's ignoring you or something? . . . if anything email him and tell him to change his password since you know it and move on.
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

i know i need to move on but just curious as to why u guys think he would do that to me? he knows i knew about the girl and all but what is the need to email her and converse with her thru an email account that he knows i can view when he simply could have used a different one.

That does not sound like something that a man would do on purpose to me. I can see more easily a female doing this. Does he know that you regularly read his email?

haha it does sound like a female thing...he always has played games like this...i just dont understand the point of this game..unless its that he likes to hurt me?

If he's doing it on purpose, the only possible reason would be to make you jealous. And that would mean he hasn't quite moved on yet. You could just confront him with it (by emai!) and say it' s in poor taste and please stop it.

hahaa thats exactly what i thought! i was thinking is he doing this to get my attention? does he really think this will make me want to contact him or something....but at the same time why would i contact him when he left me for another chick, he should just contact me if he wanted to hear from me or something? im not sure what to think of it

he,s not done

he still wants you..when a person is done then there done.its over..he,s not done thats all
    Quote Originally Posted by ginastar View Post
    i know i need to move on but just curious as to why u guys think he would do that to me? he knows i knew about the girl and all but what is the need to email her and converse with her thru an email account that he knows i can view when he simply could have used a different one.

I think the bigger question here is, why are you still reading his email? Who cares if you still have the password, or if he knows that you have it? If you're done with him stop reading his damned emails. Be an adult and show some self control.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

hahaa . but at the same time why is he doing this if he still wants me? he is talkin to her in the email like he is completely moved on with her. and its not making me jealous, more like ok if ur so close with her then F U. Ya know?

Your playing games as much as he is it seems. Most normal adults would say "You know what, we are through. There is no reason to read through emails that belong to someone who I am not with and am not going to be with". Who cares if it is or isn't making you jealous, or if he is or isn't trying to hurt you. Just stop reading your ex's emails and get on with your life. Go cook a microwave dinner, go out with your friends, bite your nails... Just do something that doesn't involve reading your ex's emails because it is just stupid.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...