+ Follow This Topic

Thread: First date ideas?

First date ideas?

Its me again, back from the dead.

Anyways, its time to get back into the dating world and I found an incredibly beautiful (over the top in fact) young lady who for some reason has a strong interest in me. My friend's say its a sign from God that it IS possible and I should just go with it, though I can't help but feel skeptical.

Anyways, we have a date on Friday, any ideas? I haven't been on a first date in 5 years so I've got that nervousness to contend with as well hah.

So far I've suggested a ghost tour, being as its almost Halloween and all. I think it'd be a good memorable and fun experience, but I think a supper beforehand would be better. The tour starts at 6:30 with the buses leaving at 7 sharp.

I have no idea if she's interested in ghosts or anything like that, I've never done the tour myself and have a marginal interest in it... but its something new... Good idea? Yes or no? Seems more about educating people about ghost hunting than anything, then they take you through cemeteries and haunted houses with a psychic, overall lasts 3 hours... groups of 20 or something. Good idea? Supper before hand or after, or no supper?

BTW since it does matter as to what would be a good 'date' idea, she's mid 20's, a little older than me, works as a model and in 2 bars and she has, so far, made all the first moves... which also worries me, but also attracts me. Her confidence and 'if i want it i get it attitude' is a huge turn on.

The other thing that worries me, which makes NO sense in my mind, is she almost seems desperate! I was careful not to come off too strong because, to be honest, I've been dreaming about her and I have wanted to text her nonstop since we met but I've only initiated contact once 3 days after meeting and she's texted daily.

I dunno, should I be concerned here? Model coming off as desperate for a schlub like me? But more importantly, good first date or not? And any other ideas? Also need to know asap, I'd say tomorrow may be pushing it to book a couple of spots on the tour.

Here's the story of how we met if anyone cares:
    Short aside: Walking into the bar me and my friends kept commenting on how hot she was, we went so far as to say she had to be from out of town because this city could not produce such beauty. I approached her to buy a beer, as I walk up she does this incredibly sexy little dance thing and I laugh and she says I'm cute. Puts me into shock, so i say, uh thanks, you too... haha... I think its' important to note that I didn't tip her a single cent all night. Anyways go back again to buy a beer and we chat for the rest of the night while she works. She says she can tell I don't go the bar much because I'm too nice and innocent. I ask for her number and she says I have to promise to use it. I text her so she has my number. Expect that to be the end of it. Was going to shoot her a short text a few days later. But instead...
    Next day she texts me asking how my night was. Then says she's going out that night, I say I wish I could join but I'm busy, she says another time. I ask if she's busy this week, she says we should do something. next day she texts me asking how my day is. so I ask if she's free Friday and she says Friday will work. I say I look forward to it and we'd figure out the rest of the details later... Again I'm planning on waiting 2 or 3 days to text her, let the interest build. she texts me again the next day asking how work is. Basically since we've met I've initiated conversation once and she's texted me daily. That screams desperate but she can't be. She is a smoking, SMOKING hot model and actually seems incredibly nice and cool so far. Am I just trying to self-destruct because she is so far, in initial appearances, my dream girl? Or is there something wrong here... Either I'm the exception to the rule, as she picked up a customer (i work as a bartender as well, and you just don't do this) or she does this all of the time, which is what all of my co workers are saying is likely the case... I just can't see it though... First date won't hurt anything anyways, but should I be worried here?
    Women... They smell nice but they are soul murderers. - William Murderface

"Easy come, easy go" is the old saying. But then again, I don't think a first date would hurt at all! Get to know her better, and see if she's for real or not. If she isn't, at least you had a good time.

As for the ghost tour, she seems like the kind of gal who wouldn't mind something exciting and a little scary. Confident women like her like to try new things. Don't grab anything to eat before the tour. Grab it AFTER the tour. Food after an entertaining activity really seals the deal in terms of whether the date is going somewhere. You can also have something else to talk about while sitting at the table. And hell, if the tour sucked, then maybe you guys can make fun of the psychic? Which means you both win anyway. Remember, nothing too fancy, you don't want to make the date pretentious, just fun.

Honestly, the ghost tour is a good idea. It makes you unique. Most guys would either suggest a dinner and a movie or something else typical and boring. You can create a pretty strong bond with someone when you share an emotionally charged experience like a scary/really interesting activity. You NEVER EVER want to make her feel like it's a "date." You want her to feel like it's just a "night of fun."

Good luck to you buddy! Hope it goes well.

The tour sounds fine. You should ask her if it's okay beforehand, some people might not be into that sort of thing. If you have dinner, that would make it closer to a five hour date. That might be a bit much, especially if it's not going well for whatever reason. Also, having dinner before means you'd have to do it at like 5pm. This means that you'll probably be surrounded by senior citizens or families with 4 screaming children, unless it's an upscale restaurant, in which case 5pm is way too early. I'd just do coffee or drinks after the tour if you're both up for it.

About the rest - you're overthinking it. Just go have fun on your date.