+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Whats wrong with this girl?

Whats wrong with this girl?

So theres this girl that I have been friends with for about 4 or 5 years now. Ive known her since she was fourteen and i was 16 at the time. I was introduced to her by my best friend(who still is) because it was his girl friend. When i met both of the they where in love and he was even the one who took her virginity and she was his first love. So automatically she was pushed into the just friends category and i never looked into it. But over time she became more than just a friend she more like a little sister that i used to protect and she would confide in me. They eventually broke up but they were still my best friends and i couldnt betray them by wanting more than just a friendship with her. Even though i thought about it from time to time. Loyalty is something that is very important to me and i would never cross it just for personal satisfaction. When i went away to boot camp she would write me tremendously long letters about how she missed me so much and couldnt wait to see me again. With poetry and hearts everywhere on it. So even as time went on we still used to talk alot and would get very close but i would always interrupt this by starting a argument over something small and stop talking to her for a few months so everything would die down. but we recently starting talking again and this time was the "worst". We saw each other everyday for about for two months straight. But there was never any flirting or funny business never even a joke about sex. I took the little sister role very seriously and supposedly so did she. But then about a month ago she just stops answering the phone when i call or text messaging back or anything. Its like she forgot i even existed. But sporadically she will text me i miss you and we have a short conversation and then i wont hear from her for a couple days to some weeks. Lol i know thats alot but could somebody please help me because im stressing like crazy and im even losing sleep

do you love her, what do you want from her?
    do you want a relationship?
    or do you want to be a friend?

shes probably really confused, you being different all the time. why did you start fights? was it to stop the chemistry??

I dont really know what i want. I still feel like I cant cross that line with her and our friendship really mean s alot to me. But thats not saying i dont think about it but theres just so much in the way. For one i did have sex with her bestfriend and at the time she said it was cool and acted all nonchalant about it and i went through hell with her friend. It was probably the worst relationship/friend w/ benefits thing ever. I started dealing with her friend right before the last time we stopped talking. The reason we stopped talking the last time was because *long story alert* we were having this conversation on the phone and everything was cool. We were laughing and joking like we usually do and then she made kind of a flirtatious joke and i stopped and i was like "What?! What are you talking about? Where did that come from?" and she got real quiet and she had this creeping sounding voice(like the girl on The Ring) and was like she had to go and she was gonna call me back. So I was like "Uhh okaaay" and then she hung up. I was so damn confused, I didnt know what just happened. So I call her friend(they were in the same room at the time) and i asked her what was wrong with Diana(btw thats her name) and she said" nothing she just laying on her bed listening to her ringtones and singing". At this point i was super confused. So i just let it go for the moment and when i saw her again i asked her what happened and she said" nothing happened i got into a fight with my sister and blah blah blah" I was so angry because she actually lied to my face. So i sucked it up and became very distant with her. So one night i got pretty drunk and i called her and left a really long message on her answering machine cursing at her and telling her everything that was on my mind. So after that I didnt talk to her for about six months and we just recently got back cool in june and we spent almost all of our time with each other and one of my friends. The three of us went everywhere together.

"But over time she became more than just a friend she more like a little sister that i used to protect and she would confide in me."

That's cute . . .but you do know little sisters grow up . . . even as a 'big brother' you've gotta let her go.

But it sounds you're pretty deep in the friendzone / familyzone? . . . so anything would be really hard.
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

What do you mean, "What's wrong with this girl?"

She tries to be your friend (or more) and you're kind of a jerk to her sometimes so she pulls away. You've never concluded this?