+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: videogames or your girlfriend? (long story)

I'm a girl and there are some video games my husband should never come between with me. I am going to get Fable III next week, yay... another is Oblivion, another is Kingdom Hearts, and Bauldor's Gate. I LOVE video games, so I have PS3 and Xbox 360. Sex is on my mind every night, but when I'm in the heat of battle, I may forgo.

PC is still best for gaming. Games like Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2 are so much better with controls and frame rates on the PC it is hard for me to go to console.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkle_jello View Post
    Bauldor's Gate.
    Dragon Age 2? Don't know why they just don't call it Baldurs Gate 4 since that is what it is. I couldn't play origins on the PS3, the controls just sucked. I had to get it for PC where Baldurs Gate originated
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 23-10-10 at 12:00 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    PC is still best for gaming. Games like Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2 are so much better with controls and frame rates on the PC it is hard for me to go to console.
    I can't do PC, it makes me feel ill. I do like heroes of might and magic for pc... but not many others. I also have first person shooters like halo... I don't have good aim. I like watching it though... I have a fantasy about my husband putting on halo gear... so sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkle_jello View Post
    I can't do PC, it makes me feel ill. I do like heroes of might and magic for pc... but not many others. I also have first person shooters like halo... I don't have good aim. I like watching it though... I have a fantasy about my husband putting on halo gear... so sexy.
    Ok cool, I don't know what you mean by ill though. Halo gear lol. Sounds geeky. I can't play shooters on the console, I can't aim for shit with the little penis knob. When I play Counter Strike Source on the PC I am fine though so I came to the conclusion it is the controls. PS3 or 360, makes no difference, I can't aim.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Dragon Age 2? Don't know why they just don't call it Baldurs Gate 4 since that is what it is. I couldn't play origins on the PS3, the controls just sucked. I had to get it for PC where Baldurs Gate originated
    I've played baulder's gate on PS, there was at least one for PS2 I loved, and one for PS3 that was okay. I was happy when I unlocked drizzt because I am a HUGE fan of the book series! I've also played similar games on PSP.

Ok cool, I don't know what you mean by ill though. Halo gear lol. Sounds geeky. I can't play shooters on the console, I can't aim for shit with the little penis knob. When I play Counter Strike Source on the PC I am fine though so I came to the conclusion it is the controls. PS3 or 360, makes no difference, I can't aim.
    I mean that I actually feel sick when I play it.

but i don't see him almost daily, that's the problem! I only see him once a week, if that! He has school, I have work, and we don't live together.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    How can you sit there and watch him play video games for hours? I get bored out of my mind and annoyed at the noises after like 2.5 minutes or less. You'd probably not hate his video game so much if you just got up (or left) and did something else. Don't cuddle with him and bring him cake when he can't tear himself away.

And it sucks what happened to him in his past, and you've been really nice about helping him with it, but ultimately it's not your problem to fix, and you can't let that excuse him for his dumb behavior.
    Well normally I wouldn't watch him play videogames for hours, and it's not the videogames that I hate, it's the fact that he spends 10x's as much time with them as he does me, and when he gets the opportunity to see me, he still choses the game. But I agree that what happened to him is not my problem to fix, he's got to do that on his own.

Well, hopefully it will pass. It's only been a couple of days since he's been playing non-stop so don't get too worried about that part yet. It is excessive, though, and you should definitely tell him that it bothers you, especially when you baked him a goddamn cake that he barely acknowledged. Also tell him that you're not going to be there if he's gaming. Seriously, just don't go over if he says he's playing, leave his house if he can't tear himself away after, I don't know, 15 minutes? Either he'll cut his shit or he just doesn't get to see you anymore. If you never see him, you'll know what needs to be done. Hint: it's breaking up (sounds like it's not really going well anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by cohen_girl View Post
    1) "He slowly stopped doing sweet things for me and sending me those texts that would make me smile for hours."

2) "Choosing videogames over your girlfriend??"
    1) This behaviour just shows that you're not his priority. . . or that his feelings for you have changed?

2) Make him decide what's more important . . . I'd almost wait it out and see if he finally gets the point when he realizes you've stopped trying to see him

-

but it's only been a day or two . . . hopefully he'll get past it and come back to you after this slight detour.
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

so i decided as of last night i wouldn't try to contact him anymore. I told him that when he's got some time to spend away from his game to let me know and we'll talk face to face. I expressed to him how much it hurts that he'd choose electronics over spending time with me, even after I'd done lots of nice things for him. Ultimately I feel like he's not putting any effort into our relationship and I'm doing all the work. I told him via text that I deserved to be treated better (because he was ignoring my calls/texts to play more of his game). He later texted back "Yes I agree" and that was it. I'm going to wait however long it takes him to iniate contact with me and when he's got the time to talk I'm going to put all the cards on the table, express exactly how I feel and voice my concerns. Sadly I think it'll end in me breaking up with him. If after I say all of this he doesn't apologize for hurting me and not taking my feelings into consideration and make some sort of compromise with me, then I'm just going to have to move on. It's no fun being in love with someone who doesn't feel the same way.

"Yes, I agree"?! Haha, holy shit. Did he apologize at all?

Quote Originally Posted by cohen_girl View Post
    He later texted back "Yes I agree" and that was it.
    . . . unreal, it's like he doesn't even care anymore
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

No, he didn't apologize at all! He's making up more excuses and started texting around 1am telling me that he loves me and would never call me names and is mad at me. Thursday I called him a liar when he ditched me for videogames, and explained that he was a liar because when we first got together he told me "i like to play videogames, but don't worry, they'll never get in the way of going on dates or spending time with you" and then later after he ignored my calls/texts, I texted him that he was being an a-hole. He also said he deserved to be called them, but that if I loved him I wouldn't have called him those names. He also said "you never let me do anything! I'll do whatever I want with my time" I don't know how I don't let him do anything since all I want to do is see him once a week or more and have never told him that he couldn't do something, I just think he should at least try to spend time with me when his videogames can be played any other time. He sounds like a little kid, and isn't considering anyone but himself.

Why in the hell should he apologize? God, I would laugh at you if you demanded an apology and were all butthurt because I enjoy playing videogames.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast