+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Have i blown it??

Have i blown it??

I have been sharing a house for three months with an old schoolfriend.Obviously we spend a lot of time together and we have started to go out as friends.We seem to have a really good connection with each other and I have recently developed feelings for her.I vowed to take things slowly hoping that something special would develop however one night and under the influence of alcohol I told her I had feelings for her.She said it was the wrong time for her to enter into a relationship,she finds it hard to trust men after a really bad relationship she had about 12 months earlier.I feel so stupid for not letting things progress as everything seemed to be going well and maybe given more time things could have developed.As we live together how do I proceed? should I abandon any hope of winning this wonderful girls heart? any advice much appreciated.

Was it a mistake? Yes.

Have you blown it? No. Unless either of you are weirded out by it, of course.

I'd just drop it and continue (as best you can) as things were. If you really, really must bring it up again then the furthest you should go would be "I'm sorry. I meant what I said, but I know this isn't a good time or place for a romance."

From here, just continue to be her friend. The big unknown, of course, is how SHE feels, though you shouldn't try and needle it out of her IMHO. Just be her friend and cross your fingers.

-PP

Thank you so much for your advice.She has been fine about everything and so far things dont seem to be any different.My fingers are crossed!

Distance yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by duffymoon View Post
    She said it was the wrong time for her to enter into a relationship,she finds it hard to trust men after a really bad relationship she had about 12 months earlier.
    Hmm, well she has trust issues and she's not ready for a relationship . .but it sounds like you're going well, hopefully you can still be friends without being awkward
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions