+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Question

Question

Hi everyone,

My ex girlfriend and I broke up about 4 months ago. I don't want to go into all the details of the relationship, or the circumstances of its demise. It is enough to say that it did not last too long, but was intense for its duration, and occurred just before I was about to go travelling for two months, and the break-up did not occur in the best of ways. We have kept in sporadic contact since then.

The other day, I was curious to know how she was doing (in her new job, etc.), therefore, I looked her up on Facebook. She had un added me as a friend. I understand that it is just Facebook, nevertheless it was a nice means to stay in touch. I was hoping that we would at least stay in contact over time, and as the scars healed to have her as a friend. I don't believe she is a bad person, and I feel the relationship ended more due to differences of personality, circumstance and life outlook.

Right now, I feel a bit upset, which I think is normal. I held her in enough esteem that I was hoping to stay in touch. I know that this can be done over email, phone, etc., and as much as I would like to assume that she removed me so that she can move on with life - as I thought I pretty much had until this happened - I cannot help but feel tossed away.

In all, I know I cannot control what she does, or how she feels about me, or how she lives her life from this point forward. I know I will move on and find someone else, eventually, and the world will go on as it is meant to. But, at this moment, I can't help but feel a bit sad over it.

So, I suppose this is less of a question, and more of me just trying to share a few feelings with you, on this forum - and maybe some of you have had similar experiences - in the hopes that I can accept these feelings and continue on.

The best I can tell you is to go have a few drinks with some friends and bitch about it to make yourself feel better. And no I'm not saying that in a sarcastic or derogatory way. You need to move on and surrounding yourself with supportive people and keeping busy is a good way to start moving on.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw2000 View Post
    I don't believe she is a bad person, and I feel the relationship ended more due to differences of personality, circumstance and life outlook.
    Well those are the BIG THREE . . . not much could have been done really? . . . ah well, move on
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions