+ Follow This Topic

Thread: rebounds

rebounds

what does everyone think about rebound relationships?
    i just read that if your ex quickly jumped into a new relationship, then they didnt have a chance to get over you, that they just have a distraction and are ignoring those feelings. .. the thing is when do you think they can stop ignoring them or do you think they just go away because this new person will begin to take over memories and good times, etc. ??

What does everything think ?

They can work, most often when the new relationship has emotionally started before the old one ended.

The risk is that the one on the rebound will project expectations and problems from the old relationship onto the new one.

-PP

hmm i dont understand the risk part.

what does everyone else think?

Everyone has their reason(s) for jumping into a rebound relationship. Some people are afraid to be alone, and some people just need that new person to get over the previous one. In my experience they do not work out, because you're just using that other person to get through your heartache when its best to be single for the time being.

how long do rebounds usually last? i guess when the honeymoon phase is over?
    and can the dumper be in a rebound?

Quote Originally Posted by ginastar View Post
    how long do rebounds usually last? i guess when the honeymoon phase is over?
    and can the dumper be in a rebound?
    They can last as long as you want them to, and yes the dumper could be in a rebound. Which kind of sucks because the other person is the dumpee.

well i was referring to my ex being in a rebound so i dont want it to last. so no it wont last as long as I want it to.
    i mean im not sure if hes in a rebound or a real relationship. How can you tell the difference? I guess you dont really know until time tells the truth. its been like 2 months now