+ Follow This Topic

Thread: This girl drives me crazy...any help is welcome!

This girl drives me crazy...any help is welcome!

Basically, I'm 21, and I've liked this girl since I was 17 and she was 16. I liked her since we first met and we've always been a part of each other's lives; though I'd really like to be more a part of hers. And since she broke up with her boyfriend of five years, about a year ago, we've gotten a little bit closer.

It's odd; she never really has anything to say; but any time I start the conversation she'll respond. Though the conversation usually ends up about me because everything is just "alright" in her world. And when I try to get to know her more, she seems to get weirded out. For example, a game I often play when trying to get to know somebody; the 'random' game, had her asking me "Why I wanna know". Still, I like the girl, so, I try to be friends with her, and her level of depth often has us talking about me again.

Yeah, this situation seems to be one that screams "BACK OFF!!!". And yet, while she obviously never texts me first, she does odd things every now and then that say the opposite. For example, the night before my birthday party I met her on the street and casually invited her - not really expecting a positive response. And whereas normal folks would 'check their schedule and try to make it' her instant response was "I'll be there."

On the same level, I texted her last night, just saying hey darlin, and she didn't text back. She did however, for the first time ever, write me first, this evening on facebook. She basically said "Sorry I didn't text back last night, I had no credit, I wasnt being rude or anything ". Of course, me being me, and being a guy, I acted like an idiot and said "No worries I wasn't waiting all night for you to reply " it was meant as a joke, but she didn't take it as such. I tried to swerve it away - I asked her how she was. And as is normal with facebook chat, I could see she was writing for quite some time. Finally, she went offline. And later wrote from her phone "Glad I'm getting drunk" - now that part might not have anything to do with this situation, but it's certainly confusing trying to figure this girl out.

I'd really love to say something to her about how I feel, and yet, I really feel like I should back off and forget about her. It's a crazy situation and one I've never been in because I've never actually cared about anybody like I do for her - even though we rarely/never hang out, and I only know the surface information - where she goes to college etc.

Wow. That's a lot to read. Sorry about that. But any advice is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepingtodream View Post
    I really feel like I should back off and forget about her. It's a crazy situation
    Sounds like a good idea, doesn't it?

Don't waste your time trying to decipher a girl who doesn't even seem remotely interested in you, sometimes we want what we cant have
    this rule of life applies to me too, I have spent a long time trying to dechiper a guy who I really liked only to realise I was wasting my time
    because he didn't really want me, if she doesn't appreciate having you in her life and having you being considerate she is not really worth
    your 'love' and effort, its true, its something I have to face myself. Give the girl space too, maybe eventually she will say something to you
    again and next time just play it cool, you could try saying next time 'It's ok, I understand' if she didn't reply to a certain thing you said.

My advice as a whole is just try getting over her, find a girl who you're not chasing and trying to understand, you'll find you prefer a partner
    without a mask on their face, locking away all their feelings and general life.

More like you're driving yourself crazy . . . as SapphireBerry stated, you already know what to do
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions