+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I being stupid about my VERY recent break up? Opinions on this please... M&F

Am I being stupid about my VERY recent break up? Opinions on this please... M&F

OK, so here is the story...

I June i got into my first sexual relationship and first real relationship with a chick i fell head over heals in love with. She told me she loved me pretty early, and shortly after that i felt the same way. Within a month we were in love(well i was). We did everything together, spent virtually every night together and were what i thought were an awesome couple. near mid September she just generally seemed unhappy about some non relationship issues in her life and her ex's drama with her child. She would be a bit distant, and a bit grumpy in the morning and less affectionate in general. I don't know if i was being insecure but i felt like maybe she wasn't into the relationship. Usually after work we would be together as soon as it ended but one night she messaged me and said she wanted to be alone that night. So i asked her what was up and she told me that she is stressed out and such and i said to her if she wants to take a break to get things settled i would be fine with that and that i still wanted to be friends and hopefully there would be an "us" in the future. She said she didn't know and what did i think? being a guy, i took that as a yes. So i suggested a break. Now over the next two weeks we were still physical and spent pretty much all our time together despite the "break". but then it was getting hard to separate the physical relationship from the friendship so we decided to spend less time together. She told me that she wanted me to be in her life for ever and that i meant a lot to her. so about a 9 days goes by without seeing each other in person, but still texting and phoning daily. Then later that day we meet up at her place for a visit as friends and for me to see her daughter who i had grown to love as well. about a half hour in she drops the bomb, "would you hate me if i went on a date?". Now my initial reaction to this was "No, go ahead." and i sincerely wish i felt that way, but i started crying there a bit, managed to pull myself together for a visit and then left. For that whole day i cried because i felt like our relationship wasn't that important to her if she is thinking about dating 9 days after we really broke up. The next morning(yesterday) I was feeling sad and made a facebook post about it, saying i didn't like the way i felt and, she messaged me asking whats up. So i told her that it hurts that she would be so quick to move on after our break up considering it was so recent and she said she wanted me in her life forever. She said she is sorry she hurt me and wants to be friends but i told her that it would be hard for me to be around if she is dating because it was so fresh and i still loved her and need time to heal. Am i being stupid? should i not care that she has moved on so quickly? am i being stupid for not being able to be friends for a while because she wants to date this soon? Am i wrong for being hurt by this? im so confused and hurt right now and i dont know what to do.

Please, if you have any input on this, please post. id like to hear opinions from both women and men.
    Sorry if i rambled on. i wanted to give as much detail to get a truly informed opinion.
    Thanks
    Last edited by HurtAndConfused; 29-10-10 at 08:46 PM. Reason: added a question

"the next two weeks we were still physical and spent pretty much all our time together despite the "break"" . . . that's not good

"She told me she loved me pretty early, and shortly after that i felt the same way. Within a month we were in love(well i was)." . . . probably too much, too soon, too fast. . . was it a quick and short thing?

Btw, how old are you two?
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

No you're not being stupid at all. I think anyone would feel the way you are. But I would definitely say it's time to move on and don't let her string you along. Because that's really what's she's doing. Sure she cares about you but she wants to see if there's someone better out there. Sorry to tell you but it's true. And that's not love. Let her go and cut all ties. Otherwise she will drag your heart thru the mud. It will only get worse.

By the way just as a suggestion, if you want to communicate something to someone advertising it on facebook it not a good way to do it. Next time buck up the courage to tell her how you really feel. Maybe if you were honest with her it would help her to be more honest with you. Good releationships are built on open honest communication. And there's no better way to win a women's heart then to open up and let her see yours. Just don't over-do it and start crying like a girl. Good Luck! I feel for you.

I bet she wants to keep you around for the kid more ryan anything. Dont torture yourself, move on. My first love wanted to remain friends after she ripped my heart out. it would be foolish to keep someone who broke your heart in such a way. History tends to repeat itself.