+ Follow This Topic

Thread: does she like me (or does she still like me?)

does she like me (or does she still like me?)

Hello, new here

I have a girl at college ,ive known her for 1 year,same class as me we are friends ,however the last 1-2 months we have started to talk more,and I realy started to like her,dont know if she feels the same.At first during these months ,she smiled and threw her gaze at me afew times sometimes she just smiled most of the times she broke contact immediatly,played with her hair when she talked to me,laughs at alot of my jokes,she went out of her way to buy something (wich was not that insignificant in a way,it was a thing I needed... she overheard I needed it) ,she went and copied some papers I needed for class ,I told her to just bring them and id copy them ,I took her out once (recently ,like 2 weeks ago),just the 2 of us.We had a drink talked more ,she constatly played with her hair during this time.

However lately she has turned abit cold ,she got angry at me for a little thing recently (I told her to shut up.. not screamed,more joke like) .. she forgave me the same day but before that and after,she has being acting abit distant,not talking to me that often and it's like she is avoiding me,talking to my friends (common friends) .. we also go home togheter and she has the option to either walk with me alot or take the subway ,she sometimes takes the subway ,she sometimes walks with me.

When we are alone she talks quite abit with me.. but seriously I dont know what to think... does she like me? or did she like me till recently.. or is she playing hard to get.She is a nice but kinda shy person,I dont know if she did those things because she was nice.

Should I ask her out again .. should I even bother..

(I did ask her out again today.. she said she was busy .. today she is going shopping with a friend,and tommorow she is meeting afew high school collegues ,she did mention that I should have asked yersterday..)

Please help me out ...
    Last edited by boxofnails; 30-10-10 at 07:39 PM.

Firstly, just because a female plays with her hair doesn't mean she is 'into' you.....I play with my hair when I 'm bored and I've seen other females say the same and when discussing body language.

She is probably just a friendly person and you have read far too much into it all. Just because a female might smile at you, talk to you, etc, doesn't mean she is interested in more or wants a relationship.
    The only way to find out and if she is interested, is to ask her out.....which you did twice and she says she is busy. She isn't playing hard to get....she isn't interested, or appears not to be.

well ,the first time she acepted ,and she does hate it when she isnt told before hand ...

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Firstly, just because a female plays with her hair doesn't mean she is 'into' you.....I play with my hair when I 'm bored and I've seen other females say the same and when discussing body language.

She is probably just a friendly person and you have read far too much into it all. Just because a female might smile at you, talk to you, etc, doesn't mean she is interested in more or wants a relationship.
    The only way to find out and if she is interested, is to ask her out.....which you did twice and she says she is busy. She isn't playing hard to get....she isn't interested, or appears not to be.
    I completely agree. Speak to her. Thats the best way out. Good luck.
    For a FREE downloadable ebook / guide to Online Dating and Relationships, visit www.onlinedatinggold.com

she seemed nice but you kinda took it a bit too far by making flirty "shut up" insult. . . so don't do that until you actually know for sure

how many times have you asked her out since she started acting cold?. . .once or twice, then move on
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions

only once have I asked her out after she went cold .. the thing is ,she kinda gets embaressed every time I look at her .. and aparently it only seems to be me who causes that,once she was dressed abit more revealing ... and when she saw me she hid behind her friends and said not to look and stuff like that ,she also checks the class room most of the time and when im distant she asks whats the matter ... I realy am not good at reading signs .. I actualy like her alot.

One more thing to add tho I think it's irrelevant, me and another girl are realy good friends ,we had a petty squable and didnt talk for awhile ,recently we are talking again and back to being friends . We play alot,.. alot of phisical contact and such (tickleing ,slapping etc..),but I see her as a sister and she sees me as a brother,the thing is the girl I like was happy that we started talking again and playing etc ,however I can relate abit that she started turning cold after me and this other girl stopped our petty squable .. the thing is the girl I like said that she also sees me and the other chick as brother and sister... soo yeah I doubt that is a reason.
    Last edited by boxofnails; 31-10-10 at 06:51 PM.

well if you've only asked her once . . . then wait a bit if you haven't already. . . ask again, and if no, then move on

But you do need to be better a reading signs and finding an appropriate level for them - sometimes a brush of the hair is just a brush of the hair.
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions