+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please help me, feel so depressed!!

Please help me, feel so depressed!!

Hi everyone, my name is liam and i am 16, from the uk.
    I would class myself as bisexual, but swey more towards the female gender, up until now... i met this guy over the internet who is the same age as me, and we talk alot, speak on webcam loads and i really like him and he told me he really likes me and i am sort of falling for him!
    However there is a downside, he is from Australia, now people may think thats wierd how i have fallen for someone over the internet, but at the end of the day i just have, in my opinion he is a lovely guy and we get on great, he talks about how he wants me to come over to see him and what we will do, i wont go into too much detail about that part
    Now obviously me being 16 poses a huge problem, finance, travelling etc... but i just don't know what to do next, i love him to bits and i think he feels the same, now we don't get to talk all that much because of time differences, however over the last week we have spoke alot due to me being on halfterm, but now its gonna go back to chattin like once, twice a week and feel like a horrible empty feeling inside, a bit similar to when you have a lump in your throat when your about to cry! and i feel liek i can't cope with only talking to him twice or so a week.

any ideas?? past experiences?? or general thoughts?? please it would be much appreciated thanks. x

oh and p.s i am not a particulary camp guy either, i am attracted to girls too. (might not mean much to you, buts its extra info anyway)

Don't get into this. You will only cause yourself a world of pain. because if you do go see him, or he comes to see you.. what then? You can only fall in love more (I won't argue here if you can be in love with someone over the net, I personally think no, you never know till you do meet). And even though you are just at the beginnings of a relationship, you'd have to think on what you would do.. would he move, would you move, will you both be willing to wait at least two years, just seeing each other not at all, or very rarely.. this is painfull stuff, trust me, I had a bf in the UK up until a little while ago, I broke it off because I did not want to move or wait years to be happy.And I am 28 even. Long distance relationships are just pain waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven_Skye View Post
    Don't get into this. You will only cause yourself a world of pain. because if you do go see him, or he comes to see you.. what then? You can only fall in love more (I won't argue here if you can be in love with someone over the net, I personally think no, you never know till you do meet). And even though you are just at the beginnings of a relationship, you'd have to think on what you would do.. would he move, would you move, will you both be willing to wait at least two years, just seeing each other not at all, or very rarely.. this is painfull stuff, trust me, I had a bf in the UK up until a little while ago, I broke it off because I did not want to move or wait years to be happy.And I am 28 even. Long distance relationships are just pain waiting to happen.
    yeah, your right about falling in love, i suppose i cannot say i love him untill i physically spend time with him, but it does feel like there is soemthing between us, do you think maybe i should just keep talking to him, and maybe wait for him to make a move? Because i don't feel i can just tell him enough is enough... thanks for the help by the way, is there anything maybe i could say to him to find out how he feels, because i would get nervous bringing it up and i wouldn't know what to say. Thanks x

"Now obviously me being 16 poses a huge problem, finance, travelling etc" . . . exactly, be realistic about the situation . . .and consider this, you've never met him in person - what if you do all this travel and find out things don't work out. . .all this time you've been making up an idea of this guy in your mind - there is so much you don't know about him.
    You post, you ask questions, you give facts --> I reply, I give quotations, I have opinions