+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: women like older men why is this?

women like older men why is this?

I wonder about this a lot, I am 31 years old, and I often like women in the mid-late 30's, however often they say i'm "too young" and they prefer "older men".
    I am wondering, why is this? from my perspective, these women are liking men who are in the mid 40's, to me this is past prime. These men, soon will be very old,
    out of shape and just pretty disgraceful, however the woman is younger and will be left behind in these stakes. The woman is like a beautiful flower, and the man
    is a broken down machine, men age faster than women, most 50 year old men look dreadful, 50 year old women are still very stunning creatures.

I wonder, why would women choose the old, physically inferior man, than the younger, prime man, who can better take care of her and wont be old, tired and inferior
    when the woman is still having a lot of years left. the woman will still be very fun, and attractive, and the man will be old, washed up wih a beer belly and no sex
    drive.

is this just old fashioned tradition?

I dont mean offence, legitimate question here.

maybe cause its safer but im in late 20's and prefer younger

I wonder about this a lot, I am 31 years old, and I often like women in the mid-late 30's, however often they say i'm "too young" and they prefer "older men".
    Maybe they use that line as an excuse and because they don't fancy you.

When they say they prefer 'older' men, they are meaning older than you are, but that doesn't mean they are going for the much older guy. They could prefer guys in their own age group, late 30's...which is older than you!

I always tell younger guys I prefer older men - older as in my own age group or up to five years older than me.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 01-11-10 at 03:30 AM.

I wonder, why would women choose the old, physically inferior man, than the younger, prime man, who can better take care of her and wont be old, tired and inferior...
    Looks aren't everything.

Older guys provide stability and stability is what women want.

Lol @ physically inferior.

I do kind of see what you are saying though, I think times are changing, and this brings about the era of the "cougar", attractive older women who are tired of their husbands and go after much younger guys, I see them a lot actually. As a personal trainer i'm in pretty good shape and i even see older women out shopping with their husbands eying me up, and the husband giving me evils.

For my money though, early 30's and mid-late 30's isn't an age gap, you probably were at school at the same time, i don't see the problem really, perhaps you are not "developed" enough if that makes sense, do you have a house? a car? a good job? these sort of things i guess guys in the 40's have, if you want to compete you need to match them in these areas, if you can give a woman everything someone 10 years older can AND use your age advantage you should have a good shot.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
    Lol @ physically inferior.

I do kind of see what you are saying though, I think times are changing, and this brings about the era of the "cougar", attractive older women who are tired of their husbands and go after much younger guys,
    In my experience, there aren't that many women going after the young guys - it's the young guys going after the older women. The men who are hitting on me lately have all been 10-15 years younger than me, except one, who hits on anything in a skirt. lol
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    In my experience, there aren't that many women going after the young guys - it's the young guys going after the older women. The men who are hitting on me lately have all been 10-15 years younger than me, except one, who hits on anything in a skirt. lol
    It might be different in this country, i don't know, just out of interest would you consider dating a guy say 6 years younger than you, if you got on really well and the age was your only concern?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
    It might be different in this country, i don't know, just out of interest would you consider dating a guy say 6 years younger than you, if you got on really well and the age was your only concern?
    Six years isn't much, unless there is an issue with the younger guy wanting a family, and the older woman being too old.

But really, an age gap like this (for me) is a little bit neurotic-inducing. I'd rather have a geezer my own age. lol
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

thats cool, just interesting that you wouldnt rule it out.

I agree with Vash...it's younger men chasing the older woman and because the older woman looks so much better these days, than they did in previous generations.

I get pissed at having kids as young as 18 hitting on me....I'm mid 30's.

And for the record, I wouldn't have a much younger man thrown at me.....and Im in the UK. 2 or 3 years younger would be my limit.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    I agree with Vash...it's younger men chasing the older woman and because the older woman looks so much better these days, than they did in previous generations.

I get pissed at having kids as young as 18 hitting on me....I'm mid 30's.
    They hit on you, then call you a cougar! lol

So why is it that you like physically inferior, weak old men?

wouldn't you prefer the strong, dominant, superior younger male?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by andy smith View Post
    So why is it that you like physically inferior, weak old men?

wouldn't you prefer the strong, dominant, superior younger male?
    Not so much. They still need a lot of training.

Well, there are multiple reasons young women like older men. For starters, it most often takes men a looong time to mature. Right about when they hit 35, they actually know how to dress themselves in the morning. With age comes experience, not just that he knows what he's doing sexually to please a woman, but he's also been around the block and few times and made a lot of mistakes so they usually wise up and can better deal with problems that realtionships pose. Also, older men usually have more money, financial issues don't get in the way and he's more able and willing to give her thoughtful gifts and treat her to nice dinners and such (not that money is everything, but it is an added bonus). Plus, a man in his 40s will probably be pretty appreciative of an attractive younger girl, because he probably doesn't get those type of women knocking down his door, so she will get more attention (and women do like attention).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast