+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I attract a female?

Quote Originally Posted by cedricleo View Post
    have you never done so? did you never break someone's heart?
    Sure I have. Plenty of times. That doesn't make it right or ok. OP doesn't sound like he has any interest in being with a woman. He's just going to mess with some girl's head for a stupid reason.

Quote Originally Posted by LailaK View Post
    This thread is hilarious.

Pencil_soup, if you are not interested in women don't try to force yourself to be. You should only try to date a girl if you like her.

It's entirely possible that you are not ready to date. It is entirely possible that you are attracted to something other than women. You need to figure it out for yourself and not subject some poor girl to your awkward bumblings just because you want to fit in with your buddies.
    Im with you this is brilliant!! it's like the movie a beautiful mind........ so can we exchange bodily fluids now WHACK!!! lol

good places to pick up girls:
    -fluid dynamics lab
    -physics lectures
    -engineering classes
    -quantum physics lectures
    -comicon
    -Print a bunch of shirts with your number on them saying "if you know who Claude Shannon was Hit me up" (actually know guys that did this)
    or honk if you think platonic solids are sex, then when they honk you can flash the the double pistols and a wink
    Or SETI if your out their daddies waiting for your call

Any girl you catch talking about the Poincaré conjecture, Schrödinger's cat or the turing test should be awarded extra points!

I wouldn't try bars or night clubs they'll get talking about jersey shore and you'll end up trying to get yourself drunk instead of them.

Im totally gonna get the platonic solids one made
    Last edited by hellcat84; 04-11-10 at 03:04 PM.

Any girl who knows the Turing Test might possibly be Artificial Intelligence, so the OP shouldn't trust her.

^^^ Hey, hey now, just because a girl is AI doesn't mean you should diss her. The #1 thing that my guy friends complain about is that their girlfriends are "overly emotional". It seems to me that an AI girl would be just perfect for most men.

This is true man good eye I missed that lol

pencil, you cant approach girls like they are an equation with an answer. There is no answer. You will be very upset when you find out that there is no reason some times for what happens in the dating world. You just got to get yourself out there if you are interested. You can search your classroom for "suitable mate" and then hope that the real-life Google will bring your your best result.... lol. There is no rhyme or reason. You got to get a girl interested in you, and you got to keep her interested. Math equations wont do it, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Sure I have. Plenty of times. That doesn't make it right or ok. OP doesn't sound like he has any interest in being with a woman. He's just going to mess with some girl's head for a stupid reason.
    so, you did it anyway and you knew it was not right? but that thing made you develop yourself into what you are now. and maybe "the victim" too. so, why don't you let others develop their personality the same way? that's the normal process. protecting people will just make them week. what happens if you did that to a society for 2 generation and after that time comes somebody prepared, like me, and affect all the course of that society?
    have you walk the first time you tried? no, i bet you fell down, and you got up and again you fell down... so, you got experience even if for the first times that hurt you. let others do the same. let them gather their experience!

so, you think that what i told him to do is not good. i did the same paces, yet i'm not a machine that hurts a woman's feeling. my ex-grilfriend said that for her i was the perfect man (we are the best friend even now after 10 years). my actual girlfriend said the same to me and not only once... so, from my experience i might add: you hurt someone's feelings when you don't know what to do, but never when you know how you can make her happy.

Quote Originally Posted by justcheckin View Post
    pencil, you cant approach girls like they are an equation with an answer. There is no answer. You will be very upset when you find out that there is no reason some times for what happens in the dating world. You just got to get yourself out there if you are interested. You can search your classroom for "suitable mate" and then hope that the real-life Google will bring your your best result.... lol. There is no rhyme or reason. You got to get a girl interested in you, and you got to keep her interested. Math equations wont do it, at all.
    anywhere is an equation. does the fisherman catches his fishes without a technique? does a hunter hunts a bird with bare hands, a lion with a bow, and a boar with a gun? no, they always have "equation" for any case. the world was made respecting logic. if you pour water into a glass it will stay there in all the cases never float away. the emotion is just an answer to something logical, you do something to get an emotion. even more, when affected by emotion, the body behaves itself in a fixed number of ways. from these the body choose one or more ways to behave in proportion with the degree of emotion/intensity of stimulus.

now if you want to answer? how will you get a girl interested in you? how much time can you keep her interested in you? how do you get a specific girl interested in you?

know that... there are equations, women from all over the wolrd will respond well to the same basic things and not to well to others.
    example: tell a japanese you encoutered on the street that you want to have sex with her even without saying hi. tell that to a black woman. tell that to a european woman. tell that to an american woman. maybe all of them will slap you or call the cops. so the equation is do that = not good.
    Last edited by cedricleo; 05-11-10 at 02:46 PM.

Some people are advising me not to pursue girls at all if I am not attracted to them, but I still think it might not be that bad of an idea to try. If I meet someone and eventually become attracted to her, would that be still considered bad? What I mean to say is: Are relationships path independent in that aspect?

Quote Originally Posted by cedricleo View Post
    anywhere is an equation. does the fisherman catches his fishes without a technique? does a hunter hunts a bird with bare hands, a lion with a bow, and a boar with a gun? no, they always have "equation" for any case. the world was made respecting logic. if you pour water into a glass it will stay there in all the cases never float away. the emotion is just an answer to something logical, you do something to get an emotion. even more, when affected by emotion, the body behaves itself in a fixed number of ways. from these the body choose one or more ways to behave in proportion with the degree of emotion/intensity of stimulus.
    So it appears models may exist to predict this sort of behavior, which is useful to know. Are there any especially good ones to apply in my situation?

You just wanted to have a girl for fun.Try to attract the girl in your group.I hope you will stop getting annoyed by her.
    http://www.follicareresearch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pencil_soup View Post
    Some people are advising me not to pursue girls at all if I am not attracted to them, but I still think it might not be that bad of an idea to try. If I meet someone and eventually become attracted to her, would that be still considered bad? What I mean to say is: Are relationships path independent in that aspect?
    All I'm saying is there has to be a reason you are not attracted to girls. Maybe you are gay, although you haven't mentioned an attraction to men so maybe you are asexual. Either way, no girl is going to want to find those things out about her boyfriend after she's fallen for him. I think you should look for a friend who is a girl, without trying to add romance to the situation.

If some poor girl falls for you and you were just trying some dumb experiment you are going to end up in a world of drama and it will be your own fault.

Just saying.

Or you could try this approach:

Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

In all seriousness Pencil, you might want to apply reasonable standards to your search.

First, take a hard look in the mirror and assess your own looks. Are your features symmetrical? It's relevant, because symmetrical faces are generally perceived as more attractive than assymetrical faces. How about your Body Mass Index? Are you in the healthy range? Remember, muscle weighs more than fat, so you can still be healthy if you exceed your BMI, if you are on the muscular side. If you're not sure, post a picture of yourself at Hotornot.com to gather some empirical data about how attractive you are. Without the empirical data, you are likely to rate yourself a 7 on the scale of 1 to 10, because that's what most people rate themselves.

With a reasonable assessment of your own appearance in mind, try to focus on women of a comparable level of appearance. It's okay to seek certain qualities like intelligence or an upbeat personality, but be flexible. Otherwise you may end up with the terrestrial equivalent of the Drake Equation, giving you dismal odds of ever meeting a suitable woman. Friends of mine recently walked a young, female acquaintance through her own version of the Drake Equation, and determined that there might be two men on the entire planet that she would deign to date. Since she was somewhat overweight, the odds that those two men would be interested in her was less favorable.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by pencil_soup View Post
    So it appears models may exist to predict this sort of behavior, which is useful to know. Are there any especially good ones to apply in my situation?
    model for your situation? nope, because you don't have a situation. you will have one when you try to find a girl. right now all what you do it reading (entertainment). models apply to situations (practice).

first thing... you must destroy or diminuish the fear of rejection. this is done by getting to know lots of different women.

let others say what they want. you are in charge of your life and you live it. so, you are the producer of your movie. will it have happy end for you and them one you care for? it won't? it will have only for you? how do others help you? only your parents give you a place to live, only they feed you. do you think that others will help you with something other their opinion? and what is an opinion? a thought made from what a person learns from a situation he encountered before. a situation that he won or lost? if he lost is does that mean you will too? if he had a weak personality, does it means that you have it two. opinions apply only to one person. did einstein rely on the opinion of his physics teacher (who considered him retarded) when he invented the ways of using atomic energy?

good thing or bad thing... in your life you have the title part. you chose how things will be. my yahoo id is brasoveanuleontin

if you want we can talk there more on the subject.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast