+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I attract a female?

How do I attract a female?

I haven't really been interested in the females too much in the past, but recently, pretty much all of my friends have split off into couples. They're always doing couple-y things and i feel sort of like an extra wheel all of the time. I figure that if I manage to attract one, I could bring her along and stop feeling so awkward when spending time with my friends. I also don't really know where to start trying to locate a suitable female...most of my friends of that gender are already in couples. There is one who isn't, but she is kinda annoying in anything other than short interactions. I'm really busy doing multiple math classes and physics classes, so I don't have too much free time to locate a female I would like to spend time with.

I've never had or tried to obtain a girlfriend in the past, I have a few questions:
    Where might I locate a suitable female?
    How would I attract her?
    If I do find one, how do I know if she is interested in me?

females are more than just accessories for you to fit in with your peers

yeah your totally looking at this the wrong way.. you should find a woman because you WANT one, specifically, your interested in a nice girl and would like to be with her.. not just because its the trend with your buddies. If this wasn't something that caught your attention before your buddies' found women, then i would be questioning other things. Also how old are you?.. if your younger, i wouldnt worry too much but if your like into your 20's, then it might be a tad odd.. but nothing that can't be fixed or arranged.

I can tell you're a science major, because you're trying to look at this whole thing objectively, as if there were some mathematical proof to dating.

Try taking some humanities classes outside of your major, and maybe you'll begin to understand the complexities of humanity that just can't be scientifically explained.

I think I might sign up for some of those. That is a good idea, as I can hardly understand or predict human interactions with only a grounding in physical sciences. To answer all alone's question, I am 18. I haven't really been interested in girls before this, and am feeling a bit out of place now, as all of my friends have become couples.

hi

Quote Originally Posted by pencil_soup View Post
    I haven't really been interested in the females too much in the past, but recently, pretty much all of my friends have split off into couples. They're always doing couple-y things and i feel sort of like an extra wheel all of the time. I figure that if I manage to attract one, I could bring her along and stop feeling so awkward when spending time with my friends. I also don't really know where to start trying to locate a suitable female...most of my friends of that gender are already in couples. There is one who isn't, but she is kinda annoying in anything other than short interactions. I'm really busy doing multiple math classes and physics classes, so I don't have too much free time to locate a female I would like to spend time with.

I've never had or tried to obtain a girlfriend in the past, I have a few questions:
    Where might I locate a suitable female?
    How would I attract her?
    If I do find one, how do I know if she is interested in me?
    you can locate a girl anywhere, supermarket, club, library, work, school, you name it.
    how would you attract here? well you learn from others, you read etc... i can tell you for example from my experience.
    if you find one she will be interested in you if you do what you should. example: you go to a party. find a place for yourself. for example a table. sit. put keys, wallet etc. on the table. this says: "i'm a man, this is my personal space, i'm confortable here". from here look to the women in the room. try to catch their eyes. do no break eye contact first, let her do it. if she breaks the eye contact by looking to the left of right, look for other woman, she is not interested in you. do not be interested in women that give you a blank stare. if the woman breaks the eye contact by looking down you may approach her. she is interested.
    you must be sure of what you do, walk toward her. just walk, no extra movement. say something normal like "hi, my name is... and i want to make aquintace to you", or any other way you tell in english. i don't speak english as native language, but i think you got the idea. do not tell her complex phrases. be simple and objective oriented. from here, you can chat with her easy if you did not do a mistake because it's easier to say but harder to do. good luck! if you want i can tell you what should you read to know more.

I think I might sign up for some of those. That is a good idea, as I can hardly understand or predict human interactions with only a grounding in physical sciences. To answer all alone's question, I am 18. I haven't really been interested in girls before this, and am feeling a bit out of place now, as all of my friends have become couples.
    You can't predict human interactions, and rarely can anyone hope to ever understand them. Poets and songwriters have been trying to understand humanity for thousands of years, and much to no avail.

Sure, you've got your basic scientific explanations, such as from Freud or Darwin, but again, all science can ever hope to understand about humans is what stimuli causes them to behave the way they do--the idea of understanding a human's true cognitive process is beyond anything but speculation.

Read some Robert Frost, William Shakespeare, TS Elliot, Emily Dickenson, Dante--these are good places to start.
    Last edited by Cyberpunk85; 03-11-10 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk85 View Post
    You can't predict human interactions, and rarely can anyone hope to ever understand them. Poets and songwriters have been trying to understand humanity for thousands of years, and much to no avail.

Sure, you've got your basic scientific explanations, such as from Freud or Darwin, but again, all science can ever hope to understand about humans is what stimuli causes them to behave the way they do--the idea of understanding a human's true cognitive process is beyond anything but speculation.

Read some Robert Frost, William Shakespeare, TS Elliot, Emily Dickenson, Dante--these are good places to start.

oh, these are good to build a culture. i totally encourage him reading them but they won't help with what he wants. he would better start with Schopenhauer.

@pencil_soup, i can tell you what kind of books to read and, apply because reading is for culture and entertainment, practicing makes you better. you don't need to read about girls for entertainment, you need to read in order to practice.

I will try to do some reading in these topics. I should have some free time pretty soon, I'll try to pick up a book by Schopenhauer or one of the other aforementioned authors. Is there a particular work that I should look for?

This thread is hilarious.

Pencil_soup, if you are not interested in women don't try to force yourself to be. You should only try to date a girl if you like her.

It's entirely possible that you are not ready to date. It is entirely possible that you are attracted to something other than women. You need to figure it out for yourself and not subject some poor girl to your awkward bumblings just because you want to fit in with your buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by cedricleo View Post
    oh, these are good to build a culture. i totally encourage him reading them but they won't help with what he wants. he would better start with Schopenhauer.

@pencil_soup, i can tell you what kind of books to read and, apply because reading is for culture and entertainment, practicing makes you better. you don't need to read about girls for entertainment, you need to read in order to practice.
    You've really just made things extremely difficult for him. He needs to start by learning empathy, not reason. You can't reason with women. You've steered him in a completely opposite direction than where he should be going.

Oh god... do the entire female population a favor and DON'T try to pick up women just to fit in with your friends. You'll end up breaking someone's heart.

I will try to do some reading in these topics. I should have some free time pretty soon, I'll try to pick up a book by Schopenhauer or one of the other aforementioned authors. Is there a particular work that I should look for?
    Schopenhauer teaches you the differences between males and females. I don't know how do you have the book translated in english but it's something like "The life, the love and the death", i had a version in english, i read it first in english and after that in romanian. try the chapter "the love". there are some hints about the differences between men and women. you will need them when you read other things about seduction, for better understanding.

after that try david deangelo "The 8 personality types that naturally attract women". that man is a gold mine. i do not have much time now, i'm at work and i have something to finish here. i'll tell you what you should look for next in a few hours...

now... it depends what do you want to learn these for, to be the average guy that can have a girlfriend now and then, or to better your chances with girls and become a PUA (pick-up artist). in the second case, you have much to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk85 View Post
    You've really just made things extremely difficult for him. He needs to start by learning empathy, not reason. You can't reason with women. You've steered him in a completely opposite direction than where he should be going.
    cyberpunk85, he needs results. let him have results and after that he will want to have empathy. seduction it about getting a wonderful woman and keep her, not getting a "harem". but if you don't date many women you have the chances of a snowball in hell to keep a good woman. trust me, he will learn emapthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Oh god... do the entire female population a favor and DON'T try to pick up women just to fit in with your friends. You'll end up breaking someone's heart.
    have you never done so? did you never break someone's heart?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast