+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does his texting and communication mean? What is he looking for?

What does his texting and communication mean? What is he looking for?

Help please! Kneed to know what this man is looking for fro me.

Here is the situation. There is a man at a high level with my company. I met him about a year and half ago at a meeting for work and I must admit I had an instant attraction to him like I have never felt in my like. I was in some sort of sick awe over him. I am a pretty good looking female with a great career so I do get hit on a lot but I can tell when someone is obvious. This guys has me so confused.

He started calling me after the meeting and asking how I liked my job etc. He texted me a few times here and there and I saw him at a couple of day meeting but he is always running the meeting so we spent little time together but he definitely picks me out of the crown and he has a special, very flattering Nick name for me.

About five months ago I had some great accomplishments with my job and he started texting me again. He always initiates the texting and he texts me every single day, several times a day. At first I felt guilty texting him back but he is at a high position and I wasn't sure what to do. Eventually it didn't matter because I wanted and I craved the communication with him. He also calls me occasionally and we just talk about life, books, music, movies, art...etc. We have a lot in common. He never crosses the line but our texting have gotten very flirty and he has told me that I am pretty and hot in a round about way.

Here is the kicker, we are both in our thirties and have been married for over ten years with families. I won't cheat physically and I don't think he would either. He has never asked me to meet him or make any suggestions like that. I am just so confused by by what he want out of this situation. He is risking his job by the Attention and the constant texting on company phones but doesn't seem to think about it. He spends so much of his day in communication with me and I don't think that he would do this with another male. Is this guy trying to start an affair, just bored and thinks that I am fun and entertaining or just wants to be friends. Please help guys... I am going crazy. I can't ask him because I don't want to assume and I don't want to be put in a bad situation with him at work. I like the texting but I can't have Mose help

Well, he is definately interested in a relationship with you. I would bet one of two things. One, he wants to be in a relationship with you but knows he can't because of his family. Two, he wants to be in a relationship with you and is willing to cheat but isn't sure if you are willing to. The bottom line is, he is interested one way or another and if it makes you uncomfortable, you should set him straight. Unless of course, you're willing to "go there" because if you keep flirting with him he will take it the wrong way.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i am sorry, but you are in your thirties and don't know what he wants from you?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    i am sorry, but you are in your thirties and don't know what he wants from you?
    Hahaha, yeah, this.

It's very clear what he wants. I also happen to know (being a guy and all) - That he would be very unlikely to make the first move to have an affair. However, if you offered it, he'd be par for the course, and go along with it. So bottom line is, do you want to cheat or not.

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingPoint View Post
    Hahaha, yeah, this.

It's very clear what he wants. I also happen to know (being a guy and all) - That he would be very unlikely to make the first move to have an affair. However, if you offered it, he'd be par for the course, and go along with it. So bottom line is, do you want to cheat or not.
    Yeah, what he, and I, said.

Thanks guys for your help. I realize it sounds stupid that I am in my 30 s and can't tell what A guy wants but I am pretty naive. I have been with my hubby since I was 16 so I have had very little experience especially when a guy isn't direct.

I have seen his wife and she is stunning and he has a beautiful family. Why would he come after me when it appears he has everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Fire View Post
    Thanks guys for your help. I realize it sounds stupid that I am in my 30 s and can't tell what A guy wants but I am pretty naive. I have been with my hubby since I was 16 so I have had very little experience especially when a guy isn't direct.

I have seen his wife and she is stunning and he has a beautiful family. Why would he come after me when it appears he has everything?
    Well, it's not like you're denying him any attention. Sounds like you're already engaging in a emotional affair, if not mutually, he probably is for sure. If you know this isn't right, and everything about it feels wrong, then why continue?

He's a married guy and I reckon he likes the attention you give him, which you do so and everytime you entertain one of his texts or calls. I personally wouldn't bank on it that it is a relationship he is after with you and because he is married. Most married men are looking for a sexual fling with no strings, or a piece of action on the side (sexual variety)...then they run back to the wifey and sleep with her too.

Probably because he's a dickhead who doesn't appreciate what he has at home.

He may come after you....but don't expect that he would choose to be with you over his stunning wiife and beautiful family. Most married guys DO NOT leave their wives and kids for someone they chatted with and had sex with a few times.