+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I losing my mind?

Am I losing my mind?

I have been divorced for about a year and recently started dating a woman that I have fallen head over heels in love with. I am 41 and she is 42. I have been dating her for 6 months and at some point after I started dating her she disclosed to me that she is stripping for a living. She has told me this is only temporary. She recently moved from California to Texas and the job she moved for fell through so this is kinda a last resort. She is in the process of starting her own business selling insurance which is what she did in Cali. My question is I feel so much anxiety from her working there eventhough it is only temporary. It doesn't help that in my previous marriage my ex had cheated on me so I have some serious trust issues and am stigmatized by what I view a stripper as. I mostly keep my feelings to myself and it is startign to really effect me personally. To make matters worse last night I was helping her clean up her computer and she had pictures of past boyfriends, etc on her pc. I know she has a past and I know she has dated some scummy guys. She has told me she loves me and has never met as good as man as me. I want to stay in the relationship but I am just so darn confused emotionally. I am a christian and so is she (eventhough what she is doing). She isn't a really mushy person so she isn't really good at giving me that warm fuzyy feeling before she goes to work or just in general. I am sure she has some scars from past relationships so she keeps her guard up. This anxiety is effecting my ability to focus at work and with my kids. Am I being played for a fool? Sometimes I feel like I am going craczy. LOL

So how soon into dating did she reveal all this to you? A few days, a week, a month? If she revealed it fairly early on and after one or two dates, then I don't see why youi should be grumbling and because you chose yourself to continue on in this and knowing what she did and it wasn't a problem for you when you chose to stay involved! So why now?

I don't think she's playing you for a fool. She is doing what she did and BEFORE she met you and if you can't stomache what she does, or trust her then you are best off calling it a day IMO. The pics of guys on her pc, they have probably been there and before she met you. I have pics of exes on my pc....it doesn't mean I'm about to run back to them, lol.

If she's been involved with scumbags all of her life, then she probably can't believe her luck she met you and she won't want to ruin a good thing. Most women are looking for a 'decent' guy who treats her right.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 04-11-10 at 05:36 AM.

I can understand EXACTLY why her being a stripper would bother you. Maybe not so much what she does, but what ALL strippers have to deal with which is booty grabbing horny, loser guys most of the time. I say you just be open with her and tell her what ans why you feel the way you do. That's if you like her enough to try to make it last. There is no reason you should be uncomfortable in the relationship. If there's a problem, go to her and see if you guys can work it out. Sounds like she likes you enough to at least hear you out on the situation, just don't go telling her she needs to quit stripping asap or anything, be careful the way to bring it up to her.