+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do

What should I do

Hi,

Just need some advice. A year ago, I went out a couple of times with this guy, it was just fun nothing serious, I knew the guy from when I was a kid. Two months later I bumped into his younger brother Sean. I found out that Sean has fancied me since I was a kid but never did anything. Anyway we became friends on FB. Two weeks ago we got chatting and decided to meet up at the gym, although I know it could only ever be friends because of his brother, which I was fine about. Anyhow we got talking at the gym and although it was him who made the first move, we kissed, and starting texting each other and flirting, we spent the day at a theme park and we got on really well, he made me believe that he was really interested and wanted to see me again. Although I got carried away with it all, I still knew deep down we could only be friends. Anyhow after the theme park we said we would go out again soon but the texting has stopped and flirting has stop.

I spoke with him a couple of days ago and he just said although he enjoyed the day at the theme park and he wants to see me again, he wants to stay friends, but it was said like a brush off. He doesn't speak to me on FB like he use to either, it's gone quiet. Now I was always happy to stay friends, although my feelings have changed towards him, I like him even more now, I don't want to lose him.

I think its all over and I just don't know what to do. I would never want to cause everything between him and his brother but I don't want to lose him as a friend, am I just fooling myself and try and get over him. Maybe I should never have got involved with him. Going out with his brother was the biggest regret I have, his brother has a new girlfriend who he is engaged. I have no feelings for his brother at all, so that would never have been an issue. But its his brother!!!!

I feel like he was my last chance, I'm not very good at meeting guys because I'm real shy and my friends are all married or in relationships so I don't go out that often. Its one bad luck after another with me.

I just don't know what to do, any advice please?

I don't get why it's such a big deal that you dated his brother a couple of times a year ago. I wouldn't think that would make you off-limits to Sean. Did he mention anything about this?

Anyway, you say you want to remain his friend, he said he wants to see you again as friends, what's the problem?

If you truly want to be with him, go after him. Don't stalk him but go after him. Meet up and spend time together and get the relationship going. Who cares about his brother, his ass missed out

I think it had nothing at all to do with his brother why he quit texting and talking and he didn't want to see you anymore. If he was that bothered in regard to his bros feelings, he wouldn't have entertained you at all...

I dunno, something more to it I think, but who knows what?

Oh, I see, so you planned on leading him on and then breaking his heart, but he did it to you first and now you like him even more because he knocked you off of your high horse?

You deserved it. Epic win for Sean. WTG, buddy!

It's just the way the conversation went, he always says what u want to hear. He said about going out again but i cant see it happening, if ive got to text him. I think the fact it's gone from texting every day to nothing, I txted him at the weekend to see what was going on, because of mixed signals from him and I didn't hear from him. So I txt him on the Monday just to say if u didn't want stay friends etc., then I hope it won't be ackward at the gym, he came back with sorry, I was gonna ring you, but it slipped my mind. Hence I think the call was a brush off:-(. He didn't say directly about his brother although a comment was made on facebook about 'family come first' !! I could be reading too much into this and he does just want to stay friends, but im not sure, I think i will have to move on and chalk it up to experience ! Thankyou though.