+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I be so paranoid?

accodata Guest

Should I be so paranoid?

My boyfriend and I have been together only a couple of months now. His ex who he was serious with several years ago invited him to a gathering she and her boyfriend are having, and he invited me along, but I don't want to go. They haven't seen each other for years. I don't feel comfortable meeting a girl he loved so much, even if it is nothing now, but he wants to go to see his friends. I told him this, but am I in the wrong thinking this?

I get how you feel. And I don't think it's such a big deal if you don't want to go to meet her, especially if she's not a big part of his life anymore. You can't stop him from going, though. So I'd go if for no other reason than to make sure they don't rekindle anything o-o

Hmm I dunno. Doubt I'd be happy and if my partner wanted to go to some event organised by his ex, even if I was invited. I'd be wondering why he'd taken up her offer.

How long have they been seperated?

accodata Guest
    They've been separated for years. When they were friends following that he said he was still in love with her and this'll be the first time they see each other since then.
    I'm not worried about something happening between them, because they're both taken now. I'm worried that upon seeing her, his feelings for her might return. He says that he knows that won't happen, that he only sees her as a friend now and it's a big part of his life and important to him to see how things have changed.
    We decided that he'll go and I'll just meet up with him afterwards.

Really think you should go just in case. Without someone there to remind him of how good he has it now, he might fall into the pit of nostalgia and decide it'd be ok to have one last go for old times sake. Then again if he did that he's not really worth your time so... *shrug*

you should definitely go with him, do you want to give him a chance to get in a uninterrupted conversation with her and even arrange future 'friendly coffee's or something? you SHOULD go with him, ppl that were in long term relationships always keep SOME feelings for each other, so make sure you're there and that he knows it that you are more important to him than her or anyone else.

accodata Guest
    I can't go, he said it'd be easier for him to go alone, and also he'd prefer to go alone.
    The fact he wants to see her so desperately suggests to me that he doesn't see her as solely a friend.
    What I want to know is, after so long and despite being with me now, why does he want to see her so desperately? Can anyone answer me that?