+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Finding People

Finding People

Ok heres my problem

Im 20, and i've never really had good luck with girls. I was involved in an internet relationship for over a year, but when we met up a few times, it felt weird as we felt that we didn't know each other in person well. The second thing was more of a good friendship that resulted in snogging! But i made the right decision in not carrying on with it. She agreed with me. We remain good friends. The 3rd one was really nice, i'm still not over her yet, it wasn't a relationship, but i was sure it was going to be, due to flirting and walking with arms around each other, until out of the blue she stopped texting me. I'm sure its down to her being far too busy - otherwise why else would she occasionally talk to me?

Anyway, my worries are that i struggle to meet many girls - 3 girls is not that many!! However, my friends believe it would be easy for me to find someone. I do not feel i am that good looking, but i do think that i'm one of the most understanding and caring people around. I do far too much for my friends. What i cannot understand is that i never seem to meet the right type of girl, and not many seem to fancy me. I see other people in relationships, and i get worried that i will never get that, and that girls would never go for me.. What is the best way to show people the real me? The caring inside? I do feel that girls that talk to me see that inside, but i do not meet enough of them.. Not sure how to meet them too!

Thing is, i have a lack of belief in myself, not due to who i am, but because of my failure to get into a relationship with someone! Is this view reasonable? I'm starting to doubt whether i ever will find that special someone!

Your attitude is the only reason you are being held back. Even if you were the best looking person on the planet, i'd consider you unattractive simply because you perceive yourself that way. If you want to meet more girls, then get out there and go meet them... go to a bar, a club, a gym, ANYWHERE. Women are just people, they want what you want.

You also seem to believe that just caring for a girl is the key to their heart. That's not what they want... they want confidence, not someone who will suck up to them to make them happy. You need to be more aggressive, quit worrying about being rejected and go show those girls what it is that you're trying to show them. A relationship will not make you happy, a relationship with someone you LOVE, will make you happy. But you'll never find that girl unless you get your semi - attractive but very caring and understanding ass out there!