+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she in GIGS or Rebound or Neither?

fob is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Is she in GIGS or Rebound or Neither?

My girlfriend and I have been together for close to 3 years. This past month we have a lot of fights going on, and she started to go out more with her college friends and enjoying the night life. She broke up with me last week and right off the bat she is going out with one of her college friend. I do sense that they have something going on even before we officially broke up...

During the month of October, while we were having fights and when she felt all sad and upset, she is often with her group of friends(including her new bf) hanging out at night. Then at the day of break up, she did say that she doesn't have anymore feelings for me, she said that "we're not in high school anymore" and she wants to live up her life, go out a lot, hang out a lot, meet new people(new relationship?) She said she is very happy right now because she is stress free compared to last month when we had plenty of fights. She said that the month of November is the "turning point" of her life. I can see that she cares a lot for her new bf, because although she doesn't like people who smokes, she's still with him. So I have no idea how I should categorize her relationship, GIGS or rebound or neither?

She told me that she wants to enjoy life, and wanna live up her life. She also said that she have been iffy about our relationship(not sure what she meant, probably meaning she wants to try out new things, new relationships in life)

Right now she does not contact me, and she's very much in loved with her new bf, because she slept with him already, and I know for a fact that she is not a player, unless she loves someone a lot, she won't do sexual things with him. She seems very decisive that she has moved on, although her new bf smokes and drinks, where as I don't do neither.

What do you guys think? Is she suffering GIGS? I don't think it's a Rebound because she doesn't seem to have any feelings with me anymore, and she doesn't seem to feel any emotional pain according to what I see, what I hear from her friends and family.

Any opinion is welcome. Thanks <3

She's gone, man. And she's made it clear she doesn't want to be tied down, hence her focus on the "party life." Honestly, I don't think it's going to last with this guy, because he was just her excuse to get out of her relationship. Some women are dependent upon significant others, and instead of breaking things off naturally and make time for themselves like they should do, they wait until they set something up with anothet guy before ending her current relationship. It's insecurity. She did it to you, she'll do it to this guy, and the guy after him.

If I were you, I'd let her live out her insecure life on her own and find yourself a girl who has all her shit together, who's independent, but receptive to companionship.