+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do you like your job?

Do you like your job?

I've been having alot of trouble lately putting up with the usual BS at work. I like what I do, but I can't stand the people I work for. They don't make anyone feel like they are appreciated and make us work overtime with no compensation. They also aren't even friendly.....half the time i will say good morning in the hallway and the owner does not even look at me or acknowledge me whatsoever.

They also pay their vendors late....which gets me worried that they are in money trouble. There aren't many other jobs in this industry available in the city i live in so I'm not really sure what to do. Stick it out because the pay is decent or look around for something else.

Just wondering if most jobs are like this or if people on here are happy at their job.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I absolutely LOVE mine. Most days, anyway. it's the least boring job on the planet, and I don't usually have time to engage in or listen to drama.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

That's awesome....there is SO much drama at my work place. I just feel exhausted at the end of every day. It is feeling more and more like i need to get out.

The tough part is that I've built up a decent salary now (not getting rich by any means but can live comfortably) and the jobs that are available out there now don't pay as well. And i really don't want to work two jobs.

Overall, I like my job. The accounting stuff is boring, but that's my expertise and I'm good at it. The non-accounting aspects are sometimes annoying and distracting, but probably keep me from getting burned out on the pure accounting. My pay is a bit excessive for the size of the company, but fair for my level of expertise and experience, and there are other people here who are getting paid more for less work. I get along fine with my co-workers, and I get along really well with my supervisor, the CEO.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I love the work that I do, but I'm beginning to develop a strong distaste for many of the contractors around here.

I quit a company a week ago, and I still haven't received my check for that final week.

There's a reason why labor Unions exist, anyone that thinks they're no longer needed is naive.