+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Leave me be?

Leave me be?

My ex gf and I ended our relationship about 5 months ago, she as the one who ended it all saying the good old line "i need some space" and to be single for a while. We was still friends though I wanted her back, the first few weeks after the break up we still saw each other and was still intimate though this kinda subsided soon after. I wanted her back but saw it as a lost cause, things would not change so I gradually cut down contact with her to allow myself time to heal and get over it.

A few weeks ago I caved in a little, I asked her to see if she wanted to do something, just me and her. Maybe I thought that after such a while apart we could enjoy some time together and see where it went, even I have my moments of weakness/foolishness. She said she couldnt cos a male friend of hers was staying with her for a week (very fishy), I did a little research and found that they was 'kinda' together, I confronted her and she said they was together but it was hard because it was a long distance thing. I took it quite well but added that it was now time for me to disappear for good, for my own sanity and for her to get on with her new life.

Thats when it started to get rather annoying, I wanted to move on but I got regular messages saying she still cared for me as a friend and she didnt want me to disappear, she messaged me the other day as well as trying to ring me numerous times (even though I told her Im out of her life), she wanted someone to talk to because her grandma had died (sad, but not my problem anymore). I pointed that she has a boyfriend now and its his job to console her and talk to her, she went on to say its totally over with him.

Im feeling rather bad about everything now, I loved this girl with all my heart but Im totally ignoring her cries for help and comfort, Ive been telling myself that Ive been lonely and sad over the months too but had nobody to help me so she should know how it feels too. Im not usually this kind of person but she made all this happen, I try to get on with my life now but she wont leave me alone, Im not exactly the only friend she has.

Im so confused, a part of me wants to carry on being this harsh person who puts himself as number one (a new concept for me), another part of me wants to just call her and be there for her like I always have been, deep down hoping it will get us back together (though this is probably pure fantasy). Whats peoples thoughts?

It is over. Move on.