+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Point About Human Psychology--Observe Yourself

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbabe
    Wait for a few years until you grow up, get off the phone line and meet in person.

You're obsessing too much.

Oh yeah, by the way... as far as I understand you're talking about your girlfriend or best friend. Either way you see both of them at school every day. Ain't that enough?!
    You are so off topic it's stupid.

You're so on a 10:30 curfew. It's a lot better to meet in person...after 10:30 rather than waste time on the phone.
    I have it all. Including kino.

King Zarathu Guest
    I'm not gonna answer.. heh.. stupid mod

ya know.. that whole thing about "needing to feel misery" is kinda true for me..
    everytime i am out with my buddies or girl or whoever, and we are having "fun" i 100 % of the time, have a feeling in the back of my mind like " why aren't i having as much fun as they are?" . I think to myself, what is holding me back? I feel like I could be having more fun, but it seems i am not.. (maybe i really am, though i question it too much.. and kill it[like self doubt]) I wonder about it all the time...

Many good points by the way.. I know what you mean with the "overcome it and be happy thing"
    ie.. when i found out i got leukemia, i dont think it really hit me.. and i wasnt sad at all.. and alot of the time, i forgot i even have it.. I think its kinda funnny that i told my mom I was fine and nothing was wrong. And I have been in re-mission for about 3 months or so, just like i told her...

Quote Originally Posted by neo511
    ya know.. that whole thing about "needing to feel misery" is kinda true for me..
    everytime i am out with my buddies or girl or whoever, and we are having "fun" i 100 % of the time, have a feeling in the back of my mind like " why aren't i having as much fun as they are?" . I think to myself, what is holding me back? I feel like I could be having more fun, but it seems i am not.. (maybe i really am, though i question it too much.. and kill it[like self doubt]) I wonder about it all the time...

Many good points by the way.. I know what you mean with the "overcome it and be happy thing"
    ie.. when i found out i got leukemia, i dont think it really hit me.. and i wasnt sad at all.. and alot of the time, i forgot i even have it.. I think its kinda funnny that i told my mom I was fine and nothing was wrong. And I have been in re-mission for about 3 months or so, just like i told her...
    Kurt Cobain said it best when he said "I miss the comfort in being sad."
    [url=http://moeburn.homelinux.com/][/url]

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.

King Zarathu Guest
    wow, neo. i'm glad u didn't just think your life was over when you were diseased. that's very good.

but regarding the "why am I not as happy as they are?" thing, what you need to think is "what would happen if i WAS having that much fun?" accomplish it. remember the wizard & warrior. if you really want happiness, you will do your best to achieve it--not matter what

ya i know what you mean.. i have been noticing that, i think i have far too high expectations of how much fun i am going to have, and i dont even come close to those expectations and feel dummed.. and the biggest culprit.. is that i NEVER stop thinking.. inventing.. imagineing.. which is good and bad. i just have to learn to use it for good rather than being evil to myself..

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neo511
    dont waist your army on training.. save them for the enemy.. you follow?
    look at that... enough said.

I have to say LTs i was a bit sceptikal when i started reading your post as I am studied for a psychology degree but yes most of what you said is right! The misery thing for definate i really do that myself a lot...only focus on the bad things, even tho they do not happen a lot! Stupid human nature!! lol
    ******* 7 Times World Champion Michael Schumacher - the ultimate sporting hero *******

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by schueys_girl
    I have to say LTs i was a bit sceptikal when i started reading your post as I am studied for a psychology degree but yes most of what you said is right! The misery thing for definate i really do that myself a lot...only focus on the bad things, even tho they do not happen a lot! Stupid human nature!! lol

i'm becoming a psychologist when i grow up.

I think it's the drama that we like about the misery. We want to be the martyrs of a movie in real life.

But I agree on the "choice" portion of it. When you realize you're in control, you realize you can choose your attitude towards anything. You can choose to be sad about something or get over it.

Freds

King Zarathu Guest
    Notice that the idea you started with in about every sentence was:

"We choose"
    "We like"
    "We want"

etc...

I don't read what this tells you about me. Reading my post again I, I could have chosen different words and conveyed what I was trying to say, but I still don't see how my choice of words tell anything in specific, whether about me or about any other subconcious point you may have picked up on.

Maybe I missed your point altogether or I'm trying to read into it too much. Can you explain?

Freddie

There is a reason why many psychologists go crazy trying to figure out the human mind, its something you just cannot figure out. You have to realise that there are too many variables to deturn that for example "This is its outcome". Your mother being what she is, how do you know she is not without a mental illiness? Many such as her are deemed as such, although right off the top of my head, I cannot remember the name.

Its true, that the human race at times does tend to focus on misery. Its what makes everything feel more real, just as every other emotion in the book does. Emotion is not a figure we can just calculate, its an embodiment of all that life is capiable of. Humans, animals, etc.

When you were talking about being in a fun situation, and yet some will try to find the negitive in the situation. It is because a whole, some try to be a perfection of life. We try to bring out all the negitives into the light, so that we can in terms take them away. As such, we worry to become happy, or find a way to be happy. Perfection will only cause misery because mistakes is something you cannot get by. Life is a variable, in some ways you can control it, but there are someways you cannot. Sure, you can control what you do in life to a point, but you cannot control what other do, and others will have an impact in your life. Be it directly or indirectly, positive and negitive.

Emotion is a very fickled subject. Nobody can completely control it unless your a Catatonic, in which you really don't feel anything. There are so many degrees of each seperate emotion, that your not always prepared for it. Lets say you get something you always wanted your whole life, and near the end of it, you recieve it. Do honestly think you can control your happiness, be it in tears or feeling. I bet you won't, and even if you do physically, emotional..you will be estatic. Love is something that embodies every emotion in the book, think about it and shall realise you could even call it the pinnicle of emotion itself. Love is not an object, but a feeling...and thats something you cannot again control completely. Sure you can force something to be pushed away, but inside it will not, and this in turn will create "misery". With one thing we can shutoff, the next will greatly intensify.

The Ego, and Super Ego are very, very powerful things. This pretty much embodies the "heart" of who we are as a person, personality if you will. This is something that is built upon as you grow up, again a variable to your surroundings, and will ever so slightly change as you grow older, yet the core of it will never change. They say there are two sides to every person. A hero and a devil, light and dark. It is the yin and yang, the balance that makes us human. We are predictable, yet we are also unpredictable.

I know it sounds like I'm rambling, and to be honest I could explain to you a book of why I'm saying "This is how?", or "Why we do this...". Humans may show a pattern, but within each pattern, something different happened along the way, thus a variable.

For those lucky enough to be able to conform on your surrounding, with a touch of logical reasoning, you are your own psychologists. After all, it was humans the discovered the inner depths of the human mind. For many, names such as Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung come to mind.

A Person who studies the human mind, relies on science. A poet on the other hand, relies on feeling and instinct. Don't you find it remarkable how close the two come in the end.

(PS: I didn't really get everything out, and I also appologize for the spelling errors. But do not mistake me for saying your wrong, I do agree that this happens a lot. I'm just explaining everything behind what you said, while in turn explaining futher reasoning behind. "This is why, and this is why its not...".)
    Last edited by Innova; 06-01-05 at 09:10 AM.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

The only mental illness is asexuality.
    [url=http://moeburn.homelinux.com/][/url]

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast