+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need your opinion.

Need your opinion.

I have a best friend, And I like her and I said it to her , but she already said to me that she doesnt feel like that. So yeah I was dissapointed. We are still best friends and its amazing, we really talk all day all night, we talk a lot. We are in the same class see each other day. But she has a lots of friends but she always says that I am her only best and true friends, she really tells me everything and I tell her everything. Her heart is beating for someone else, I get it. But still sometimes I am little confused cause we realy talk much, and we really help each other all the time, I always have a feeling that there will happen something some day, but she made it clear that it wont, but i still get these strange feelings, I really dont want them If she doesnt want anything with me in love way.

so yeah , dear internet I am asking you for opinion .

Sorry for my bad english.

This is an easy one to answer but a hard one to take. She values you a lot, but just as a friend. If you read other posts here, you will see references to the "friend zone." You are firmly in her friend zone because she doesn't feel any spark of romantic attraction and chemistry for you. There's nothing wrong with you, there's nothing wrong with her ... it just happens.

The problem with trying to be her closest friend is that you will continue to hold out hope that more will develop in the future. It won't ... she's already told you that, believe her. My advice is that you have to give up this one-sided romance (friendship) for your own sanity. Nothing is more painful than wanting someone who doesn't want you back, and it will interfere with your ablility to meet someone who can return your feelings. You surely don't want to go for months (or even years) fantasizing about a relationship that will never happen.

It's harsh advice for sure, but you need to let go of the friendship and stop having contact with her. It will help you get over it.

Sorry, and good luck.

Carl.

I agree and maybe you could try to meet someone, not to make her jealous, but to realise that you can love someone else.

If you are hanging onto her friendship in the hopes that this will lead to more, you are not genuinely being a friend. Also you are wasting your time IMO - things won't ever change.

It's rare that we see our giuy friends as potential lovers, which is why they are and remain guy friends.

People can actually like you, want to hang out with you and enjoy your company and without wanting to bed you.

I know that is hard for some of you guys to grasp and because most of your female friends, you would like to bed.....

It works opposite way around with us - we for the majority do not fancy our male friends and we can be friends with a man without an ulterior motive.