+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Was he leading me on?

Was he leading me on?

I'd known this guy for a while and for a few months we'd been flirting a lot over msn, it started getting pretty heavy but then we fell out over it and stopped speaking completely cos I got confused and wanted to know where I stood with him, as in "were we friends?" "were we somethng more?" cos it was getting a little too confusing for me. I told him he'd been leading me on when he said we were just friends and he kept denying it, saying it was just innocent flirting. I find it really hard to believe that he didn't know, but could he be telling the truth and I completely misread it? A few things that happened between us were, he hinted heavily and actually asked to see a 'sexy' photo of me and called me a ***** tease a few times... let me know what you think!

EDIT: he was in a pretty serious relationship with another woman at the time as well, which is why I tried not to let things get too out of hand... I think now that I've brought it up he's denying it cos he feels guilty maybe?
    Last edited by kalina.x; 15-11-10 at 10:25 AM.

he probably wanted to be friends with benefits. After you brought up the "where do we stand?" talk, he lost interest and moved on

I think what he was doing was testing you. If you came off as not interested he would be able to say that he was just joking around and that it wasn't serious. But if you end up liking it he'll be able to ask you out.

^^^ how do you explain him asking for a sexy photo and calling her a "tease?"

Those are both ways of flirting... I don't see what you are trying to get at. He obviously got too excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Applesauce View Post
    he probably wanted to be friends with benefits. After you brought up the "where do we stand?" talk, he lost interest and moved on
    I agree if anything would have happened you would never have heard from him again

Thanks for the quick replies ... I feel really confused now because I think he's pretty angry with me, he says we shouldn't speak again. A big part of me thinks thats good cos it looks like he only wanted to talk to me for all the flirting, but he used to be really nice and I miss him

I reckon he's been toying with you and to see how far you would go/how easy you are.....

Just because a man flirts with you, talks sexually to you and wants to see a dirty pic, doesn't mean he loves you or that he is looking for something more.

He's had his fun with you - now he's gone and because he knows you want, what he can't and doesn't want to give you.

He also has a gf. What else did you expect from a man who wlll go behind his partners back?
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 15-11-10 at 08:00 PM.

I would listen to the first reply to the post. he may have wanted a fling on the side. This is kind of a negative view, but I think a guy probably has better insight into the man's line of thinking. I was thinking originally that perhaps his girlfriend got wind of the chats with you and he began feeling guilty and promised not to talk with girls online anymore. I would stay away if I were you, he sounds untrustworthy!