+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ladies, how do you prefer to be approached by a man?

Ladies, how do you prefer to be approached by a man?

I'm trying to get better at meeting women and would like some tips for how to approach them that will make them at least more open and receptive to me, even if nothing becomes of it.

Also, what are some examples of being approached that turns you OFF, so I make sure not to do that. Thanks.

Don't ask girls. Ask guys who get girls

^^ There is certainly some truth in the idea that how people say they will react and how they actually react are often different.

-PP

I like previous answers ))
    I probably wouldn't say anything new here. Here is some advice from a girl: keep it light and friendly, show your intelligence, great sense of humour (but don't try too hard) and good manners. Give them your attention and show how interested you are to get to know them (their personality in particular) and say some nice genuine compliment. I am sure you wouldn't be cheesy or vulgar. Common sense
    But what works for one girl, may not be as important for another. So just by being yourself you'll be a turn on for the right girl.
    Might be worth asking guy's advices.

It depends on the setting. There are settings where the girl is obviously there looking for guys, so direct and confident would work best. There are settings where you need an in, so then laid back and non-aggressive and funny would probably work best. Cheesy pickup lines and trite or contrived approaches would be a turnoff.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    GOOD MANNERS! All to often men are just rude!
    Otherwise: DON'T compliment her on her looks. If she's pretty I assure you, she hears this all the freggin' time. Instead comment on something in the surroundings and make light chit chat.

every girl is different. but i think the best way to find the right girl for you is to be yourself. don't overthink things or overanalyze things. just strike up conversation (stay away from stupid pick-up lines) and allow things to progress naturally from there. if she's interested, you'll know...
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

In a social setting for me. I was always usually approached in a bar, or a nightclub when younger - I think they will be the places where most men in the UK do most of their approaching and because nightclubs, etc are the main way to meet people here and are usually where you are likely to meet someone. I'd probably be a lot wary and if some random guy approached me in the street, supermarket, but that may be because I have never been approached that way. Or because it reminds me of that film 'The Missing'....where Keifer Sutherlands gf goes for drinks, is approached by a guy who ends up burying her alive....so no thanks. Wouldn't take the risk that he's a crazy and I'd make a sharp getaway.

Any man over complimenting gets on my nerves.

Thanks all!