+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can you love someone to much?

Can you love someone to much?

Can you love someone to much?

Id always had a rocky relationship with my ex husband, i loved being with someone but fell out of love with him quite quickly over time.

Since iv met my new partner, hes showed me the love i should have had for the 5 years i spent with my ex. Hes attentive. loving. sweet. romantic and thoughtful.
    Iv fallen so head over heels in love with him it makes me emotional that i could possibly love someone that much.. thing is could i love him to much that id wreck things?

As long as he feels the same way. My ex had a bf for 5 years before me and for about the first 6th months of us dating we were madly in love. She said we would be together for a while, I was her best boyfriend, etc. It was very flattering, and I felt the same way. Over time though she fell out of love with me.

I guess I'm saying that no you cannot love someone too much if they love you the same way. Don't get too attached and jealous and clingy. It's kind of a turn off. The trick is to keep those feelings going, and if they get lost, then it's up to both of you to work it out. Something me and my ex never did. Good luck, I know it's a great feeling but don't over do it!

It's not the amount of love that's an issue - the more love felt, the better.

Rather, it's expectations and needs that cause problems.

Feeling deep love that is completely unrequited is fine, so long as you understand there's next to no chance for a relationship.

so, worry about expectations more than love.

-PP

Nope, you can't love someone too much. That's the way love should be. You can, however, overdo it as far as expressing your love though. Don't smother him or overwhelm him with attention. Take a step back now and then and make sure that you aren't overdoing it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownDog52469 View Post
    Nope, you can't love someone too much. That's the way love should be. You can, however, overdo it as far as expressing your love though. Don't smother him or overwhelm him with attention. Take a step back now and then and make sure that you aren't overdoing it.
    We dont get that oftern together. one night a week hel stay at mine, one night ill stay at his, and 3 days a week i see him at work.. the rest were appart. so we have time alone.

So long as the feeling is mutual I reckon.

Waste of time being totally hooked on someone who doesn't give a flying fck about you....lol

you cant love someone too mch,,it all sound very nice to me x x x