+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is this feeling normal?

is this feeling normal?

so I have just recently started dating "the perfect girl" in my eyes. She likes me a lot, smart, funny, doesnt drink, comes froma good family...

Anyways, as the days go by, I think that my mood is changing a little bit. I am starting to get very anxious when I am NOT around her. We have had a very busy 2 weeks with school, so much of the week we spend doing school work, and if we are together, if olny for a few min between classes, during lunch, half an hour after class... etc etc.

My question I guess is this feeling of anxiousness normal? I really don't like it at all. It makes me feel kind paranoid because I feel like that this is something that shouldn't bother me. Its not like "changing how I go about my daily life", but I can tell its there bugging me when I stop to think about it.

What are your thoughts?

It's normal. Judging from your post, you guys must be pretty young. Finding that "perfect girl" is intoxicating. You are just going have to ride it out like the rest of us.

im 23 and shes 20.

I have been "in love" before, but that was when I was 18, and I am trying to do everything in my power to act 100% of how I acted before lol. I dont want to be a worry wort and always wine. I guess ill just tough it out. But its ok to have the feelings?

It's totally normal. Actually, if you get the chance, you should google "Symptoms of Lovesickness". Everything you are feeling is a product of body chemistry...so, it couldn't be more normal. I know it sucks...I'm suffering through the same thing myself. I wish the best for you and your girl. Be careful not to let your anxieties cause you to be overbearing!

Quote Originally Posted by lovebird72 View Post
    It's totally normal. Actually, if you get the chance, you should google "Symptoms of Lovesickness". Everything you are feeling is a product of body chemistry...so, it couldn't be more normal. I know it sucks...I'm suffering through the same thing myself. I wish the best for you and your girl. Be careful not to let your anxieties cause you to be overbearing!
    is this something usually shared between partners? or is it usually a one sided thing?

If she has the same feelings for you , then it's most likely she is going through the same thing. One thing that is really fun to talk about after you are together, is the feelings you both had and what you guys do during those times. Enjoy it.

"...My question I guess is this feeling of anxiousness normal?..."

Welcome to the club! Our secret handshake is to bury our heads in our hands.

It's a common feeling - the difference is in how various people learn to deal with it. Just make sure to always think before you act on these feelings and you can't go too awful wrong.

Good Luck,
    PP

This feeling is totally normal. I do not have a gf yet, but I REALLY like someone who might also like me. Its like I think about her all of the time, I cannot go a minute without thinking about her, literally.

Quote Originally Posted by lovebird72 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by justcheckin View Post
    is this something usually shared between partners? or is it usually a one sided thing?
    It can be shared by more than one partner...but I think it really has to do with your individual biological make-up...as well as personal need. For instance, I had gone for a long time without a boyfriend...and w/o realizing it, I had become very lonely. So, when I met my current love interest...and my brain started pumping out dopamine...it felt like rain in the desert. So, when we were apart, the result was that I desperately craved his attention (dopamine). He cares for me just as much as I do him...but the reaction to not being with me wasn't as intense, b/c psychologically (or physiologically) he didn't need the chemical reaction as much as I did. I went CRAZY for awhile b/c I "needed" him so much. I can tell you though...if you can make it through w/o freaking her out...the cravings will fade and you can just love her.

I went through the same feelings when I first started going out with my gf.
    100% normal, but you just have to make sure you dont act on them in a bad way.

NLL is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    This feeling sucks i know. The only thing you have to do is to short out how she feels. If she has the same symptoms then you are just in love. both of u.
    You dont have to worry about anything. good luck.

thanks for the advice guys.