+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I ask him out or wait for him to ask me?

Under your mothers pellowcase... and i like it so please assist in the love making.

Should I ask him out or wait for him to ask me?

This guy and I have liked each other for a while now and just recently have been talking and flirting more. I really want to go out with him but I have a feeling that he won't ask me out. My friend thinks I should ask him out but I don't know if that's such a great idea because in the past, I've asked a guy out and realized in the end that I should've waited so we could get to know each other better because we ended up not talking to each other much for the four months that we went out. Also, I'm afraid of waiting because I used to be really close with this other guy but he ended up not asking me out because we came to a point where we hardly saw each other and didn't hang out as much. Should I take a chance and ask this guy out now or should I wait and see what happens and then decide from there?
    Last edited by xL0v3Su1c1d3x; 13-11-04 at 12:28 PM.

uhhhh.... first off. EMO RULES. but yellowcard isnt emo, so im confused. make yrou icon DASHBOARD. maybe with little flashy things or frills or something.

Ok so my first girlfriend asked me out. It wasnt that bad, but we have broken up... but i dont think its because of that. Sometimes guys are just shy and (like me 1.5 years ago) are to scared to confrornt girls and wait for an invitation to do ANYTHING with/to a girl. you can always go and get your friends to help set you two up... if you can get past the self-conciousness of you asking HIM out, then it should be fine. Who asked who out isnt important, the relationship itself is the most important.

Saying all of this, i think that you probably shouldnt ask him out. wow i just contradicted myself. anyways, just give him hints and stuff. if he hasnt ever goen out with a girl before, you might want to get yoru friends to go undercover to try to persuade him. it was tough for me to ask my first gf out, so i ended up not doing it and she had to. If there is no way he can scoop up his balls and ask you out, then i guess you could ask him out yourself, but dont ask him right now.

Do what you feel is right.

King Zarathu Guest
    when guys have to get past the fear (especially young adults) of asking a girl out, and then they get a YES responce, they tend to take care of the relationship better and put more effort into it.

If your parents gave you a car for your 16th birthday, chances are you would be more likely to take less care of it.
    If you worked your ass off and spent $15,000 for your car, chances are that you would take VERY good care of this car.

Same thing:

If a guy works into getting past the fear and works himself emotionally to get you, then he will take better care of the relationship.
    If a guy doesn't have to do anything other than wait and say "yes" then it's easy! You don't mean as much, sorry.

Remember, this is a common generelization and may not be true with some guys conciously, because it's one of those damn subconcious things again...

If he doesn't have the balls to ask you out, you deserve somebody better.

i dunno....i MADE my bf to ask me out

King Zarathu Guest
    heh.. lucky him

Under your mothers pellowcase... and i like it so please assist in the love making.
    Thanks for the advice. A few days ago, I had my friend (who knows this guy) go up and ask him if he likes me. He said he did and then she asked him if he like-likes me and he didn't say anything and just walked away but then started "stalking" me the next day at school so...that's why I was concerned about whether to ask him out or not. Since my friend's already talked to him about me, I could just have her go up to him again and say, "Hey, (my name) really likes you. You should ask her out." Also, I'm having a birthday party next weekend and I invited him but I'm not sure if he's coming. If he is....who knows what could happen.

King Zarathu Guest
    Umm... how old are you?

You should really do things YOURSELF instead of having somebody else to it for you. Being direct with what you want helps too.

Otherwise, it just sends off a signal that you are weak and guys aren't very attracted to that.

Tell him that you'd love to do such and such, or you really want to go blah blah blah, he'll get the idea, and if he's feeling confident enough, he'll ask to take you. If he's not, make him feel confident. Work him up to asking you out, by showing him that he's doing things right. Maybe compliment him, or show some admiration for him.
    [url=http://moeburn.homelinux.com/][/url]

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.

Girls don't get enough rejection pressure. Social tendency is for guys to do the asking, but they have to deal with all the rejection pressure, so girls like it better. If a girl asks, the guy likes it better. Take your pick. One of you has to get it over with .
    The only way to guaruntee a 100% rejection rate is never to ask at all.

I'm 16 years old and the reason why I don't want to do this by myself is because I'm shy...especially when it comes to guys. I've never really had a "real" boyfriend before, just a bunch of worthless hornballs who hooked up with me only to "get some" and now that I'm ready for something more than that, I don't know what to do. I'm guessing this guy I like hasn't ever had a girlfriend before either and it seems to me like we're both in the same situation as far as being shy and all.

Guys love brave girls. If you think he likes you, it's worth a shot. Read my signature, though, and keep that in mind. Good luck.

Don't do it

You should not ask him. He may be fearful, but if he cares enough, there is nothing (not even nerves) that will stop him. If he does not care enough, then you don't want to force it. Sometimes guys are into girls, but they are not that into them. Same goes for girls...we kind of like some guys and we really like others.

You deserve someone who is really into you. You will find one like that; you won't even have to look...he will just ask you out.

That's lame and lazy. The guy is likely in the same shoes. If that's the case, then she's not "really into him" enough either. Boo.

ask him. Nuff said

but i actually made one of my friends to sms my bf telling him that i like him and acting innocent and ignorent as if the sms did not exist XPXP

King Zarathu Guest
    i have an idea... say

"ask me out now or i'll kick you in the balls"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast