+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is there a way to fix it if I came off as too clingy or desperate?

Is there a way to fix it if I came off as too clingy or desperate?

Truthfully i think this girl did like me alot at first, we hung out a few times, went to a couple dates, made out a few times, but I think i showed my cards to early. She knows i like her by the way. I think I may have texted her to much and asked her to hang out to much. Lately shes been distant, less contact with me, we still talk though. When i asked to hang out on the weekend she said she was busy. I truly think she liked me and it feels like i scared her off.

Assuming i scared her off, is there a way to fix this? And if so how often should i text her and talk to her?

she may have had a change of heart and realized she wasn't as into you as she first thought. people usually get distant when they aren't interested. it's probably not that you did anything wrong. as uncomfortable as it can be, if i'm in her situation i tell the guy that i'm not interested/didn't feel chemistry so i don't lead him on. honesty is generally a good rule of thumb. you could ask her since it's been a couple dates. or you could suggest she contact you when she's less busy to hang-out again. i wouldn't keep all my eggs in one basket though.

Back off and maybe start to look at other options. Also try to reflect on what aspects of you do you think are clingy...write them down...and make sure to leave that list somewhere to skim over when you get another girl that you feel that nerve to be "needy" with. A cooler head prevails!!

If she likes you, her curiousity might be piqued as to why you disappeared.

Never show more interest in a girl than she shows you. That means if you're the one who initiates conversations 100% of the time, then pull away until she starts coming to you. Acts of desperation such as frequently messaging her, getting jealous, telling her your feelings, etc - tip the balance of power in their favor, and girls don't want to be with an emasculated male

I'm afraid you already blew your chance with this girl. Your best bet is to move on, talk to other girls, and ignore this one until she starts contacting you again

Sadly, you've probably blown it.

Get on with it and forget about her. If she contacts you, brilliant. If she doesn't, that's life.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You cut most of your contact down wait until she makes a move or initiates the convo until then be occupied!

Start treating her like crap....sure fire way to get a woman back apparantly.

Uhm....lol

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Start treating her like crap....sure fire way to get a woman back apparantly.

Uhm....lol
    Sad but true!!!

OK, IMO the only way that you will scare a woman off, is if she isn't all that into you to start with. Maybe she liked you, but at same time didn't see you in 'that' way.

Interested females and I mean 'genuinely' interested females, don't tend to run away and because a man shows a lot of interest. For the majority, we like a guy to show his interest.

I remember about 3 years back when I met this guy and he came on pretty strong from the word 'go'. He pursued really heavily and non stop. 10 missed calls before I even got out of bed on a morning, followed by numerous calls and texts through the day and I will admit, I'd felt really overwhelmed and because I wasn't used to being so heavily pursued. I will also admit, there were a few times I did ignore his calls and because I'd felt totally drained by all of his attention.....however, I didn't run away and I didn't remain away for long and because I'd been genuinely interested in him.

It doesn't make sense to run from something that you like.....think about it.

She might genuinely be busy. You cant assume she isnt interested. If you are worried, let her be the one to contact you now. Or at least, txt/call her much much less

Quote Originally Posted by damn2010 View Post
    Sad but true!!!
    How does this work? Making a woman think so little of herself will push her back into your arms?

Quote Originally Posted by dan2k7 View Post
    How does this work? Making a woman think so little of herself will push her back into your arms?
    It doesnt. It all really depends at how much self esteem the girl has. I'm sick of guys thinking this is true for most women.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahprincess View Post
    It doesnt. It all really depends at how much self esteem the girl has. I'm sick of guys thinking this is true for most women.
    So its just plain manipulation on someone vulnerable? Sounds really great and mature...

Quote Originally Posted by dan2k7 View Post
    I dunno. Try asking some of the more 'prominent' male members of the forum - who seem stuck in their beliefs that it works.

She might genuinely be busy.
    Busy is never an excuse. If someones 'into' you, they make time for you....end of.

you could follow the advice of some of the more "prominent" females on here and white knight the girl until she sees you as her knight in shining armor

oh hai, sea what eye did there?