+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Where did I go wrong

Where did I go wrong

Hi ladies... I need help. Cause I am hurting, i am depressed and in tears right now..

I got a tx message tonight from a woman who I so thought was in to me just as much as I was for her...
    Last week we met, after a month of talking over the net. Last weekend we got along like a house on fire, bonded so well, and ended up like kissing/hugging at the start of what felt like a relationship...

Anyway with txt messaging she called me babe allot, same back to her, often with xx and stuff like that, we were so going well but tonight I got a txt message and it read:

''I think your a nice guy but I don't think we are in the same place at the moment nor do would things work out between us. Was nice to meet you and I wish you the best with everything''

This has devastated me, my first relationship in two years not even a week old broken off so I am really hurt by this. After all I was a real gentleman for her, I brought us dinner, drinks, I told her that 'we have a good future between us' etc

I txted her back 'What did I do wrong', and she said:
    'you were a bit full on & I did not feel a connection sorry''

Well I am still in shock with this from a woman's point of view please help me... Thank you heaps!

haha.. Love is War, there are aways victims. I suggest you read this book called " The art of seduction".

I think you wanted too much, too fast and too soon. It can be overwhelming and when a guy comes on that strong and especially when it's early days and we are just getting to know you and havn't figured out our feelings for you yet....

In future I'd suggest not discussing a future, or promising the future until you know a woman. Give her time to get to know you first and be sure of her feelings for you, before you do that.

Never assume a woman you meet is looking for the same thing you are.

I agree with xxazurezz. I thing she is afraid of You and Yours plans about her. Give her some time, be her friend and don't write to her so often.

Yeah thanks so far but she was even kissing me... I was trying to make her feel respected and well liked...

Oh, I recently commented in your other thread.
    You need to cheer up, it is definitely not the end of the world!
    I agree, too much too soon can be frightening, even when things feel right. People need time to get to know each other at a natural pace and figure out their feelings. It is actually right when a guy shows a bit more interest and more initiative than a girl, but not much more, or it will seem like they are on different stages. In your case it is not just that revealing of feeling, but the speed at which they developed. You probably was impressed by her more than by any other recently, and you had good communication, so it is natural that you felt that way. But it was too early to make conclusions and long-term plans.
    I think the fact that you kept it an online thing for a month played it role as well. It can be confusing: you are sort of communicating and getting close online, but it's a bit of a fake, because you can feel the person only by meeting up. Don't get too involved online and go on the real date as soon as possible. You probably will go on a few dates before you'll find someone you like more, so just enjoy meeting people and sharing nice time with someone. Don't assume too much, let things develop. Also, don't over-think it now. You was a bit fast, but I don't think that you've done something wrong apart from that. You also say that you are a gentleman and there are girls, including myself, who appreciate it. I think you just need to feel a bit more relaxed about it and get used to dating experience, maybe read some advices, there are a lot of them online.

Thank you rock and roll yeah that other thread was posted just not long after I got the hurtful txt... This was the shortest relationship ever. Last Sunday until yesterday... Very sad.