+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What Might He Be Thinking?

What Might He Be Thinking?

Hey everyone --

I'm new and joined to hopefully get some advice and insight into what's going on in my current situation...

Background: I'm in my late 20s and started seeing a guy (older but also late 20s) during the summer. We started seeing each other despite knowing that the guy was going to be moving to the East Coast (I'm in CA) in a few weeks/months. We had an amazing relationship! He practically lived with me while we were together, we talked about everything from finances to marriage and family and he spent every night at my place while we were together. We never really discussed what would happen when he moved, but I don't think either of us wanted long distance. So, he moved a few weeks ago and we've been in touch - at first communicating multiple times per day, every day but he just started his job so communication is less frequent but there's usually some form of communication every day. We've both said we miss one another since...

Before he left, he knew I was going to be on the East Coast the weekend before thanksgiving and I mentioned potentially meeting up in a city that was between our two locations. A week after he left, meeting half way wasn't possible, so I told him he should come to where I would be (staying with family who know about him and think he's great so far). At that point, he was given advice from a mutual friend not to commit to coming just yet because either of us could meet someone new in the near future, so he said he was confused and that he thought that seeing me would be a tease and would only postpone the inevitable (which I guess to him is a long distance relationship not working out), but he said that if he wanted to see me, he'd make the drive.

Now the weekend is approaching and I sent him an email with the address of where I'd be staying and reiterated that I wanted to see him so it would be great if could visit. We've communicated since that email but he's not said anything about his plans one way or another. What do you think?

-Is he not telling me he's not coming because he doesn't want to hurt me or something?
    -Is he not telling me he's coming because he wants to surprise me?
    -Is he just not sure of what he wants?

Something else?

Help me out guys -- give me some insight...

I don't think we can tell really one way or another. If it's me, it would be because I want to surprise my GF. If I wasn't going to see you, I would just tell you.

Do people really do things like that in real life though? That's so Hollywood... lol

Hi Risarisa,
    I am so happy that you found such a great guy! It's too bad that he had to move. Your situation is difficult, as it is when it envolves trying to make a long distance relationship work. I am going through a long distance relationship myself. Mine is worst since I don't even have the option of flying in for a weekend or a even a week since he's overseas.
    I think it all comes down to what each of you are truly feeling and whether or not you would like to pursue the relationship into a serious and committed relationship. Since I am no expert, I would recommend that you read this book writen by a relationship expert. I think it would be helpful in figuring him out. It is downloadable for easy access.
    Here's the page: themagicoflove.info
    I wish you luck. If he's the one for you, I hope it works out.