+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what do you consider to be cheating?

what do you consider to be cheating?

I know people have different opinions about this:

But what counts as cheating?

Flirting with someone else?

Dancing with someone else?

Other stuff?

How much?

I want to know because my girlfriend started talking to this guy a lot, texting him 20 times a night and giggling at his responses, etc. I think it's obvious he likes her and that she's enjoying the attention. She says they are just friends.

Would you be mad or consider it disloyal if your girlfriend did something like that with a girl?

I would not like that, but wouldn't consider that cheating. I don't think flirting or dancing is cheating. Kissing (on the lips) is, to me, but many only consider sex with others cheating.

The texting seems excessive for a friend. It may not be cheating .. YET .. but can easily lead to it if this continues. While I think it's fine to be friends with the opposite sex her major attention should be paid to you if a stronger relationship is desired. If she's sharing texts and giggles with another guy she isn't sharing that with you. It's time she is taking away from you. She probably does enjoy the attention (negative from you, positive from him). These are the types of games I hate to see happen.

Have you told her it bothers you? Have you met this other guy? It's time for these things to happen.

Thanks all,

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks what she did wasn't normal. I don't consider myself the jealous type.

If anyone's interested, I talked to her and I think she understands my boundaries now. And so does the guy ; )

Sexual meetups, kissing, texting nonstop. Usually you can look at 2 couples body actions and tell.

Cheating is taking a sexual interest in someone else. Making out, ****ing, talking/texting/chatting more intimately than friends would.

Personally, I don't think anyone in a serious relationship, especially guys can have any sort of relationship outside of their SO. (Opposite sex)
    There's exceptions of course, but I think it's just playing with fire.

Of course, I also think there's exceptions as to wether it's cheating or not as well.
    I really can't blame a person for getting serviced elsewhere if their SO can't be bothered. It's cheating by definition, but if your partner chooses to be unavailable or disinterested, well, that's their problem in my books.

Texting, flirting to much and enjoying the attention I may consider a not very good omen. And some naughty dancing with other guys.
    Kissing and sex is cheating!
    If your situation fits in any of this two lines, you're about to be dumped.
    "E ao imenso e possível oceano
    Ensinam estas Quinas, que aqui vês,
    Que o mar com fim será grego ou romano:
    O mar sem fim é português."