+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lucky I'm in love with my best friend?

Lucky I'm in love with my best friend?

So, here's the story: we are both single teenagers, and we've been best friends for 3-4 years. In the beggining we didn't like each other that much, but our relationship grew, and she became my best friend of all time. She is more than a sister to me! But lately, things changed between us, because I've kind of fell for her. I tought it was only a crush, but it was different, it was strong.
    Then, she kind of started acting strange, giving me what i thik we're hints of a possible crush from her side, she says dirty things when we are alone, etc. We always talked about sex, but not the way she does now!
    My friends told me she really did have a crush on me, so i started to get courageous to take a step foward. But a friend of ours says she is actually into another dude (that used to study in our class LAST YEAR) and that she's is moving away, to another school. I got sad to the point I had to go the hospital. I really love her, and I want things to work out, I want to talk to her, but I don't know what she'll say! I really want things to work out, but in the end, I preffer having a long friendship with her, than a failed love story...what do you guys think? Should I talk to her? What should I say? Please help, I'm almost dying of love here...

Put yourself out of your misery, pluck up the courage and just tell her how you feel and hope she's feeling the same.

Personally, I'd rather not wreck a good friendship and at the risk it might lead somewhere else. It would be my luck that it didn't and I'd lose a good friend.

Oh, just talk to her for crying out loud!

If she declines you won't be any more miserable than you are now, suffering all that premature rejection and such.

If she reciprocates, then kudos to you!

Trust me. In this case, it's best to just rip the bandage off.

As for what to say - ask "Would you like to go on a date this weekend?" The word "date" is key here. Should she say 'no', then play it cool - if you can get over it quickly she's likely to ignore it.

What you should NOT do when first asking her out is any sort declaration of love. Trust me on that.

-PP

More replies would really help tough. =S