+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my boyfriend has a crush on his coworker

my boyfriend has a crush on his coworker

The other night I was having dinner with my friend who is engaged to my boyfriend's best friend. Apparently her fiance (Jon) told her that my boyfriend (James) has some crush on this girl he works with. When Jon met her at James's work, she came up to James later and asked if Jon was single. Showing interest in Jon and not himself, apparently my boyfriend got really dissappointed. Her fiance also said that James only wants to be in a relationship with me because it really sucks too much being single. I don't understand what I have done to make him unhappy or look elsewhere for another chick. What's even weirder about the situation is he is the type that never wants kids or wants to deal with kids. The girl he's crushing on has 3!!! What should I do? I know the obvious thing would be to dump him, but i'd also like some clues on how to handle the situation. It really just hurts my feelings because I have put so much into this relationship for pretty much nothing. I try hard so he can start liking some bigass baby factory! Sorry i'm bitter. Thanks for any advice you can give me. :-)

Ask your boyfriend how he feels, not taking it from his friends.

You need to understand who he's interested in and why. I know it's really hard not to get angry, but when he gives his response, do not get angry or show any kind of weakness. You are in control when you want to be and you need an answer on why he's in this. Do not keep the relationship going just because you've put so much time into it. I had to spend 40+ hours on a system for work and it turns up that system's not going to be used much longer. Am I angry? No. I got paid for it. Should you be angry? No, because you had fun while it lasted and that's what matters.

yah that's the right way .....but as for me, love him more than he expected from that girl...coz someday if he will really leave you because of that big-ass girl, then i assure you that someday that guy of yours will look for you and he will regret all his life because he leave you..... that's what we call KARMA!!!!!

Be truthful with your boyfriend and talk to him about it. He needs to come clean about how he feels about you and his coworker. There's no use in wondering all these what-ifs without getting it directly from him.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

I agree. Ask your boyfriend about it, don't rely on his friend to give you an answer. His friend may have issues with your boyfriend being in a relationship, or may not have good intentions toward you. It definitely sounds like the girl has a crush on your boyfriend, how do you know he has a crush on her? And I also want to add that having a crush does not mean he will leave you for her. We all get crushes now and then and carry out a little bit of harmless flirtation with full intention to remain loyal to our partners and love them. Could this be the type of crush it is?