+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: He can't get over the number of sexual partners I had

I think its just one of those things that if you feel you need to tell someone, then tell them. But if they ask, be honest about it...otherwise they'll wonder what else you're not honest about. I told my girl about the number of partners and some of the "roman" type of activities we used to do. I felt that she needed to know that information. She told me her past and that was that. I felt a bit akward because I had been with five times the number of people she had but hey that's life. She didn't care and seems to appreciate some of the lessons I learned.

Yeah. Applesauce is right. It is worth taking a risk or two to sort out the men from the boys. Several months down the road when you are head over heals in love and can't live without him is not the time to be finding out he is a total dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Applesauce View Post
    ^^^ but a quality guy won't care about your sexual past. You're not doing yourself a favor by hiding it from your partner
    You know, it's just one of those things that takes growing up, maturing, and putting things in perspective.

I used to be just like your bloke; even one past lover made me jealous and bothered me. Over time I came to realize "hey, you know what? I've slept with chicks before. I don't think about the sex I had with them, ever, and I definitely don't compare it so I'm sure she isn't either. So why am I letting something that really doesn't matter bother me?" Now, it still bothers me to hear details (then again, who DOESN'T it bother to hear details about your current's past sex life!) but I no longer care how many guys she was with or whatever; it's a moot point. All that matters is what happens after we've met.

Now, it's been 8 years for you dude. He should be over it. If he's still that insecure, there's nothing you can do about it.. he needs to talk to someone else, preferably a professional, about his issues (and they are issues.)

Also, sharing intimate details about past dalliances is never a good idea (ie.. he was bigger, ___ used to do __ that drove me crazy, etc etc.) because I doubt anyone is THAT numb to what other people have done with the love of their life!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234