+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need advice. In love with my friend. I don't know how to confront her.

Need advice. In love with my friend. I don't know how to confront her.

Hi everyone.

I have had deep feelings for a close friend of mine for a few years now.

A couple of years she broke up with her boyfriend and our relationship grew and something could've eventuated. During this time I was told not to go further by a friend of mine as he “knew” she only wanted friendship. So because of that and the overriding fear I had of losing her as a friend stopped me. Within a few months she started seeing another guy. The relationship lasted two years and now she is single again.

During the time she was with her boyfriend she told me that she was "in love with me" and kept telling me how important I was to her. Now she tells me she loves me more than I would ever know and that she misses me even though it would be a few days since I'd seen her. At the same time she'd go off and dance with other guys in front of me in a club and look at me in the process, which really infuriates me.

Is this all a game she is playing to just try and get some attention from me? Is she trying to get a reaction out of me because she knows how I feel? Or does she genuinely feel this way?

How do I confront her and tell her? I've known her for ages and I don't want to lose her as a friend. But I also don't want to miss out on another opportunity to be with her. I'm also slowly starting to learn that this guy who made me told me not to say anything may have a thing for her too.

Any help would be great.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You're an idiot. She's looking at you becaseu she's saying: I told you I loved you, put myself out ther for you to take, have and love and what do you do? Stand there like a fool and not make a move! So, you like that? I'm dancing with a guy... make your blood boil? Good, next time ask me out!

You had several chances, many, many chances to do this already and you haven't I'm guessing you won't either.