+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Being taken for granted

Being taken for granted

Hello all I am looking for some girls opinions on whether or not they would give a relationship another chance if they had been taken for granted by their partner and not treat the way they expected. I know it is difficult to say straight off without thinking about lengths of time, commitment etc but just wanting a general consensus.

It all depends on how badly treated and how much in love. If they are the one who dumped , then you have very little chance.

No I wouldn't take back a partner who had taken me for granted. and treated me in a way that was less than I deserved and because he would be likely to resort back to old ways.

Only someone with low self esteem and lack of self respect would go back for more shit like that.

Thanks for the replys, I don't hold out hope. Just wanted some sort of confirmation from other girls.

Well.....if you want her back, you are soooo gonna have to prove you have changed and change doesn't happen overnight.

Maybe, just maybe I'd give a second chance, but I wouldn't jump back into your arms and on your say so that you have changed. I'd want to see an improvement and a consistant improvement. One slip up and you'd be gone.

if you get another chance, DON'T blow it next time.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Well.....if you want her back, you are soooo gonna have to prove you have changed and change doesn't happen overnight.

Maybe, just maybe I'd give a second chance, but I wouldn't jump back into your arms and on your say so that you have changed. I'd want to see an improvement and a consistant improvement. One slip up and you'd be gone.

if you get another chance, DON'T blow it next time.
    I already asked for forgiveness but she said she didn't know what she wanted. I have gave her space and left her to get on with things. I can't really show her improvments if she isn't with me so I am just trying to move on and be a better person for now. I was hoping for another chance especially as there isn't just me and her in this, and there is our son to consider but I just have to accept her decision whatever it is

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You might not be able to show her but you might able to figure it out alone. Realize where you went wrong realize where, EXACTLY you went wrong.

Was it being lazy, ERXPECTING things done?, selfish sex, no compliments, no affection, not saying thank you, not telling her sweet nothings?, not telling her how much you appriciate SPECIFIC things.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    You might not be able to show her but you might able to figure it out alone. Realize where you went wrong realize where, EXACTLY you went wrong.

Was it being lazy, ERXPECTING things done?, selfish sex, no compliments, no affection, not saying thank you, not telling her sweet nothings?, not telling her how much you appriciate SPECIFIC things.
    It certainly wasn't the first 3 you list but the majority of the rest. I know where I went wrong but she won't give me an answer on our future. Like I said I didn't hold much hope but we also have a son together which I thought may sway her into giving me another chance.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Be a good father to your son. Be kind to your ex. That's all you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Be a good father to your son. Be kind to your ex. That's all you can do.
    Agreed!.............................

It sucks to be taken for granted. Best of luck to ya.