+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why do you guys don't want to call?

Why do you guys don't want to call?

most guys just text for hours when it is must easier to call. a boyfriend said he prefers to text but when i tried not to communicate with him one day. i never got anything. not even a text message.

texting is cheaper for some... maybe?

It is not all guys it is just how society is going. I am a phone guy. I would rather talk on the phone for an hour than text anyone. Most people I think just want to text because 1 A:They have no guts. B:They suck at actual conversations because there is not much going on up top Ceople just want instant gratification Deople like to look like they are liked when they text all day. Texting is the new smoking. It makes you look like you are really doing something when you are actually doing nothing at all so you can avoid real conversations and social interactions. Your boyfriend should be able to carry a conversation with you on the phone after all he is your boyfriend. If he can't then get rid of him because he is not on the same plane as you. Communication is the most important part of a relationship. Why don't you tell him how you feel face to face and see what his reaction is. Texting is so impersonal and I don't think it belongs in a relationship.

If he really cares for you he'll talk to you, not text.

You need to give the guy his space. Sorry reality check here. You are not his whole world, he does have a life and interests outside your relationship. It's actually a good health balance to not constantly talk or text each other. Remember absence makes the heart grow fonder. Find other things to do rather than keep keeping tabs on whether he texts you or not.

Note: Guys are not into socializing like girls are. Guys at work complain how their gf's call them and to talk about nothing. Nothing to them is "So what are you doing or how is your day going?" They hate it and find it annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You need to give the guy his space. Sorry reality check here. You are not his whole world, he does have a life and interests outside your relationship. It's actually a good health balance to not constantly talk or text each other. Remember absence makes the heart grow fonder. Find other things to do rather than keep keeping tabs on whether he texts you or not.
    not even a hi or good morning...just made me think if he really do care.

i'm kinda tired of initiating first...

If I really like a girl I would call because I am always thinking of her. So I know where your coming from. Don't call him and see how long it takes him to call you 1 day ok, 2 days wtf, 3 days see ya because it is like that movie he's just not that into you.

OK, so you tried not to communicate for ONE day. And he didn't initiate.

First off, he prefers to text. Texting is more impersonal than the phone so that tells me that this guy doesn't feel that comfortable expressing feelings. Pretty common with guys and doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them.

Next, people who aren't too comfortable sharing their feelings usually also like their space. I'm in the minority in that I'm like that and I'm female. My husband rants about how I rarely respond to his text messages and I don't like to stay on the phone for more than five minutes (even THAT seems long.) It's not entirely that I don't enjoy chatting, I'm just super busy and it always feels like an interruption!

So, here he is having these text conversations with you every day, even when he feels he doesn't have much to say. Then you give him ONE day off. He's loving it! Or maybe he didn't even notice you didn't text him cause it's no big deal to him. Again, doesn't mean he doesn't care.

Lastly, if you let go and don't hear from him for a while, he could be TESTING you. Guys who like their space sometimes do that to see if they'll get in trouble for disappearing. They may not even be doing it consciously. If they reappear and get a lot of anger and lecturing, they figure they're in a suffocating relationship. But if he reconnects (or you do, after a week or two) and all you say is "oh yeah, I noticed you didn't call/text but I was REALLY BUSY this past week or two so I'm sorry I didn't reach out" , then BINGO. The guy feels great because he's with a woman who's not too needy, has her own life, is happy in her own space, and won't smother him or ridicule him. Most guys love that.

Turning men who aren't great communicators into better ones can be done, but it's a lot of work and they have to be willing. Just chalk it up to how most guys (and some gals) are hardwired.

hmmmmm for me as a guy, he texted you because he's confirming that if you really like him then you will respond to his text, then after few days, when you're texting is in a good mood, then I assure you that he will certainly call you ^_^

I understand your feelings YellowNeon. That is unusual for a guy to not say hello, or goodnight, or anything at all. Do you see him on a daily basis? If so that can be explained a way easily, there really is no need to call or text. However, if you had absolutely no contact with him whatsoever I think that is a little unusual. If that lack of communication is not meeting your needs you need to talk to him about it and then evaluate whether or not you want to stay in the relationship.