+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How would You React if your Best Male Friend told you that He loves you !?

How would You React if your Best Male Friend told you that He loves you !?

I'm just madly in love with my Best female Friend, I can't stop thinking about her, and she has a boyfriend. Together, we're very playful, always laughing...
    Everytime she's having issues with her BF, she always comes to me, cause I'm really handy when it comes to situation like that (its been 3 times that they seriously fought, and thanks to me... They end up back together). I just love her so much and I want her to be happy that I end up doing selfless stuff, which seriously devastates me ...
    Everytime they fight, she comes to me, which is making us getting closer and closer; which is actually making me go crazy !!
    And then when they get back together (thanks to me ... FML ) we just stop talking as must as we did before... She just has more of her attention on her BF(which is something usual, its her boyfriend,... She can't be talking with another guy...) And makes me very lonely and most of the time sad and depressed...
    I just can't seem to be able to get over her... Whenever I try, she just pops out of nowhere...
    I just don't know if I should let her know about my feelings or not ...

So Girls, what do u think will be the best for me (us) to do ...!??

Thankss !!

Let her know only thing you can do you are bf's which is a very good start for a relationship but if she does not want that then you will have to suck it up
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

You are in the friends zone for a reason, you are not BF material to her. Here's how it works....a girl can be emotionally attached to you but not sexually attracted. Yes this confuses guys, but you have to remember girls don't think the same way guys do. She is using you strictly for emotional support. Even if she was single, you are only a temporary replacement til she finds another BF. If you tell her your feelings, most likely it will make her feel very awkward and she will start making excuses why she can't date you. Eventually she will avoid you.

It's happen to me. I didn't feel the same way and when I tried to continue just as friends they became resentful, and kept bugging me, asking why I didn't feel the same way. The pressure was way too much. Some got angry and accused me of leading them on (which was BS).

If this girl is interested in you, she wouldn't have been friends with you or be going out with some other guy. So don't waste your time, and don't wait for her. Go spend your time getting with other girls and stop being their friend......that's what kills your chances.

Thanks girls

I just have another question...
    Right now, I feel like I'm suffering, its really a hard situation to be put in ...
    Do u guys think if I fight with her, it'll bring us appart, and maybe will help me get over her ...!?
    Cause I really tried everything...
    Whenever I'm meeting anyone else, its really weird cause its her I always have on my mind... :S

It all boils down to whether there is a 'sexual' or 'physical' attraction for you and if she aint feeling either of those, you stand no chance.

Your best bet is to think of what is best for you and not to think of things you can do and to make this girl want you.

Nothing you do, don't do, will make her want you and if she ain't feeling it 'that' way for you. So whether you remain her friend/distance, won't change a thing.

She will miss her 'emotional' support.....and that is all.

You need to distance and because you appear to be torturing yourself by remaining in this friendship....and for that reason alone.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about and having been in your situation for THREE years. No matter what I did, it DIDN'T change a thing....

You are likely to be and destined to be in her friendzone for life....

Smackie is right. If she would have wanted you as a boyfriend, you would have been together by now.
    You can let her know the truth - who knows what will happen? But in my opinion she might distance herself from you once she finds out. Anyway, this isn't such a bad thing... in the end it'll help you a lot.
    As a girl, this has happened to me too (when my male friends started to want more) - so now I'm much more reserved in my friendships with males and I'm much more careful with the "signals" I'm sending. I ended up avoiding those guys completely.
    There's no reason to fight for her, because she does not want something like this. If I were you, I'd be the first one to distance myself from her. I'd let her live her life, I'd stop being so involved, hoping that something will change one day. Nothing will.

You need to be covert about it and wait till they break up, then you can swoop in. Just play the friend game for now and keep an eye on things, not like an evil vulture but you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by ammi00 View Post
    Smackie is right. If she would have wanted you as a boyfriend, you would have been together by now.
    You can let her know the truth - who knows what will happen? But in my opinion she might distance herself from you once she finds out. Anyway, this isn't such a bad thing... in the end it'll help you a lot.
    As a girl, this has happened to me too (when my male friends started to want more) - so now I'm much more reserved in my friendships with males and I'm much more careful with the "signals" I'm sending. I ended up avoiding those guys completely.
    There's no reason to fight for her, because she does not want something like this. If I were you, I'd be the first one to distance myself from her. I'd let her live her life, I'd stop being so involved, hoping that something will change one day. Nothing will.
    I'm exactly the same. I had same experiences as you and I became more reserved in my dealings with the opposite sex. I don't even have men friends anymore and because it seems they read too much into 'friends'. I also avoid men who I suspect would like more, who I don't see in 'that' way.

Uh huh. Exactly... Now I'm careful not to send mixed signals, while also trying to act nicely (at least for as long as I can and afford). Whenever I sense one of my male friends wants something more, I distance myself from him. I went through some very stupid situations because of friendships with males *remembers*... my oh my.
    Torch, don't be upset. Move on and eventually you'll find someone else who will appreciate you and your efforts, and who'll want a relationship with you.

Thanks everyone !!
    Just a correction, I didn't fall for her while we were friends...
    I had a crush on her before even we started to talk( she's physically amazing !!) she was in class with me, and we had a project together (and being an extremly funny person) we laughed so much that we got expelled of the class-room
    Then we started to talk,get to know each other, joke, make fun of teacher and our friends.
    Then one day she revealed that she has a boyfriend, it wasn't a huge obstacle for me, we kept talking, hang out, and stuff..
    As I said, I had a crush on her, and getting to know her made made me fall in love with her personality too...
    (I even already met her BF, we're almost the same :p we're both very skinny :p)

Now, I'll just give it time ... I'll try to distance myself (which I'm sure will leave question marks in her head) and I'll see where it goes !!..

Thanks again for your time

It would be nice if you let us know the result of this.I personally feel that this will be the best thing you would be doing with yourself after all every thing always boils down to the fact that how much prized you make yourself so forget about this social service permanently,and sure this will one day will produce wonderful result.

Once you're in the friend zone... you're pretty much doomed unless you change your image up and start acting like some Romeo that whisked her away on her feet. Otherwise, you're not getting anywhere, bro.

She has a man, so don't even bother. Messing with her relationship will be enough for her to stop talking to you.

I gotta say thanks Torch for posting this! I am in a very similar situation except my friend is single, which is just a little nicer than your situation I guess lol. Looks like im gonna have to distance myself from her just like you though because ive started to feel a little like ammi and smackie described, not angry but frustrated. Lifes just gonna be hard for a little while... Good luck bro hopefully it works out alright for you!!