+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I miss my girlfriend so much that I don't even know what to do with myself.

I miss my girlfriend so much that I don't even know what to do with myself.

I've been dating my girlfriend, Jenni, for about 7 months now and I know it doesn't seem like that long, but it's the longest relationship I have ever had. I've spent almost everyday with her since the day we started dating and she's the most important person I ever met, I love her so much.

The problem with Jenni is that she has Anxiety disorder and she has a phobia of vomiting. It sounds simple and dumb, but the fear is as real as anyone else's true fear. She gets extremely scared and has panic attacks about the possibility of being sick with the stomach flu, or anything else that's related to vomiting. I've been coping with the problem since day 1, and I've tried my damn hardest to make sure she feels safe and to be there when she has a panic attack. It's been 7 months and I'm not about give up on her. Getting her to get over her fear is my biggest goal and the progress has been great.... unfortunately everything has taken a turn for the worst in the past week.

Things have come to a point where she's afraid to eat because she thinks that she will get sick and vomit. She was a healthy 120 pounds when I met her and now she's only 91 pounds. She got sent to the hospital for a few days so she could recover and get nourished back to health. I was there every chance I could and she's nourished, but still under weight. Now she's at a psych ward with people who have problems eating. I know it's for the best of her, but I miss her already and I feel really lonely. I've lost interest in everything, I lost my appetite, and I spend every waking minute thinking of her. There's a phone available, so I'm able to keep in touch wither her, but not for very long and she's lonely and scared. Just the thought of that kills me, I want to be there with her, I'm willing to go through hell with her, but that simply isn't going to happen. I feel defeated and useless, and most of all I miss her more than anything I've ever missed in my life. I feel useless.... =/

The only thing you can do is let her know that you are there for her.

I agree with Boisdevie that you need to be there for her, but keep in mind that you must also be you.

You need to support your girlfriend, yes. But just because you have a girlfriend doesn't mean you sacrifice who you were, are, and will be. While she's recovering, give her peace of mind and let her know that while she's getting better, you're not pulling your hair out. She may get the message that you don't care (which I can already tell is not the case), but let her know you do and you being happy is just a way to help her keep a peace of mind while she's in there getting better.

Lots of repeating words, I know. But this is how my thought process works.