+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Hope for an Ugly Chick?

so why are people saying they see this girl's picture???

I like being the more attractive party in the relationship. There's always an advantage. I always see these moderate-looking girls fawning over their boyfriends, doing absolutely EVERYTHING to keep them. But I KNOW I look good, and I know I don't have to work hard. I don't wear a lot of makeup and I don't obsess over my appearance, but I know I naturally am pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by red_sparrow View Post
    I like being the more attractive party in the relationship. There's always an advantage. I always see these moderate-looking girls fawning over their boyfriends, doing absolutely EVERYTHING to keep them. But I KNOW I look good, and I know I don't have to work hard. I don't wear a lot of makeup and I don't obsess over my appearance, but I know I naturally am pretty.
    You know what I do with cocky girls like you? I make them think I'm mad in love with them, wine-and-dine 'em, **** 'em, and drop them like yesterday's newspaper. Something so satisfying about a girl that thinks she's all that getting unceremoniously dumped by an average looking guy that's already hit that. LOL. If you worked a little harder I'm sure you could figure out how we all saw her photo (it's clearly explained in her second post.)

sadie_genie Guest
    Ohhh...I don't believe I didn't notice that link she provided on her 3rd post. You don't look bad at all. That picture of you with the black dress just shows that you can be very attractive if you dress up. Grow your hair out because most guys love girls with longer hair.

Well vertical sky to answer your question, no it isn't impossible for a less attractive girl to get guys. I wouldn't worry too much about that though, since you are not one of those girls. I think you need to look for guys in a different area, and possibly a different age bracket. There are some guys who will always think in terms of "hotness" instead of the total worth of the woman. There was actually a thread about it. Anyway, a real man would kill to have a woman who shared his interests and looked decent. Sure, uber-hot is great, but not many men or women are extremely hot and caring and interested in the same things as you. Not to mention that if you find someone who is "real" your other attributes will make you more attractive to them. I have known women who I wasn't attracted to, that once I got to know them I actually did find them physically attractive.

Bottom line: Don't let your image of yourself be dictated by the reactions/preferences of others. Low self esteem is like an odor, and if you don't believe that you look good then others won't either. Also, if someone compliments you, don't dismiss it or say something like "no, I'm not pretty" because it will discourage them from complimenting you in the future. Take the compliment, savor it, and more will follow.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Quote Originally Posted by red_sparrow View Post
    I'm not wined and dined though, most of the time. =[

Do you think I have self-esteem issues?

I think I have issues because I'm an only child, and so everything I've been told about guys I've understood through my mother. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. I've been told so many times that I'm pretty that it just got stuck in my head. But I don't mean to say I'm one of those super-demanding girls. I gave that hope up a long time ago, when I realized I couldn't have a relationship with a decent guy that way (winers and diners).

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Umm no, I don't think you have self esteem issues, quite the opposite you sound totally cocky! One *should* be working hard all the time to keep their partner. It takes work, not looking all good and pretty to keep a man (though keeping your shit together appearence wise counts).

Lol. I just be myself, though, and it seems to work. my mom says that I am lucky to have found someone who I actively be myself so much around .. when I clearly see nothing wrong with myself!

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Umm no, I don't think you have self esteem issues, quite the opposite you sound totally cocky! One *should* be working hard all the time to keep their partner. It takes work, not looking all good and pretty to keep a man (though keeping your shit together appearence wise counts).
    What else should we be doing to keep our partners?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post

Learn to unhinge your jaw and swallow cucumbers whole. Dop may be available to provide coaching.
    Last edited by Gribble; 10-12-10 at 12:23 PM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    In one word: appreciate.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Honestly?

If you want to keep a man all you really need to do is keep your emotions in check, cook well and **** better. Also don't age.

If you do all that... well, he'll probably still sleep with other women behind your back, but he probably won't leave you for one of them.
    Last edited by Gribble; 10-12-10 at 01:02 PM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Also don't age.
    I'll get right on that one...

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Red_sparrow is not the OP, vertical_sky is. Vertical_sky doesn't strike me as cocky.

@ vertical_sky: I think you have a bit of an esteem issue, which I think you'll be able to overcome since you are not ugly by any stretch of the imagination. Also you seem to be having relationships with the wrong type of man. As I said before, a real man who has genuine feelings for you will find you more attractive as the bond between you grows. It is also possible that these guys did find you attractive, but didn't tell you. There are many details about those situations that have not been mentioned like how long the relationships lasted, how old they were (and how old you are), how many times each guy actually told you that you were attractive....
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast