+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Hope for an Ugly Chick?

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Learn to unhinge your jaw and swallow cucumbers whole. Dop may be available to provide coaching.
    yeah, with my cucumber-sized dick.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Red_sparrow is not the OP, vertical_sky is. Vertical_sky doesn't strike me as cocky.
    I know, I was referring to red sparrow.

Hey,

It's all about attitude and style. Without all the glam and makeup and kickin' body, Lady Gaga looks like a post op transexual. You have much better looks than you think. Go to a stylist and get a make over. Change your attitude a bit. Your impish smile makes you look like you just stole a cookie from someone and got caught. Show some teeth and be confident.

Also, as I have said to other women here who think they are ugly....

If you have odd opinions, likes, or activities, you should keep them to yourself until you get to know a person better. And..don't look for men at the medieval faire or dungeons and dragons conventions. Most grown men also have no interest in cartoon characters or watching cartoons.

The best men hang out at young professionals clubs or alumni associations or other up and coming social group. I noticed from your other pictures that you were at an event where grown men dress up like Geronimo and engage in some type of re-enactment, likely boy scouts.

I also saw a pretty scruffy looking older guy looking like he was about to go into battle for Charlemagne. Don't get me wrong. If you like this kind of stuff, that's totally cool, but you're not gonna find any relationship quality men at this stuff.

I am not trying to be mean. There is nothing wrong at all with your interests or activities for what they are. But, if you want to get a quality guy, you have to engage yourself in some other pursuits AND get a makeover.
    Last edited by carlosaugustine; 11-12-10 at 01:50 AM.
    Hey, I'm on your side!

Carlos Augustine
    carlos, you can't do that. sorry.

you should feel great about having a great personality and interests that guys are attracted to. the same cannot be said of a lot of women. don't fret about your looks so much. you are you, and that's awesome! it doesn't hurt to stay in shape or put on some sexy clothes once in a while, but at the end of the day every girl wants to find a guy who likes them for who they are, not the way they look. let's face it, once we hit our 40s and have a few kids none of us are going to look that great anyways. it's not all about looks, so don't worry. you'll find the right guy who'll like you for who you are, and that will be much more fulfilling than some hormone raging guido just looking to get in your pants. just my thoughts =)

I swear, this "date an ugly chick", "be who you really are", "beauty is only skin-deep" bullshit is from some kind of new-age romance fantasy. Attraction is just about the only thing that hasn't changed from being 'natural' about humans... probably because we can't control it. It's beyond ridiculous to try and defy that. No, it's not just the looks, but looks are the most important factor. The rest is just a bunch of courtship. Don't deny it - anything else that's there is fabricated; abstract; something made up in your head.

As much as I typically enjoy your different, if somewhat skewed, opinion doppel the physical attraction is just what gets a potential mate's attention. After that it is up to all of those "abstract" things to make or break the relationship. I know that you in particular put looks above all else in all situations for some reason, but for many millions of people looks are secondary after the initial attraction. Looks don't hold conversations, looks don't forgive wrongs, looks don't cook and they don't carry the relationship. The things that you refer to as "abstract" are, in fact, the only things that really keep two people together.

Also as one other poster said, looks fade with time, so you have to look past the superficial one day.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Also as one other poster said, looks fade with time, so you have to look past the superficial one day.
    Or he'll just stick to that old adage of "I keep getting older, but they keep staying the same age." (And beautiful.)

If you don't get that other person's attention, nothing will happen at all. It's kind of like the engine to a car - you can have gasoline and a car, but without an engine, you won't get anywhere. Pretty important, IMO, the most important.
    If you're not attracted to someone, how do you "get it up"? I'm intrigued by this - I could never get intimate with someone who is unattractive.

Cooking is not abstract. What does that have to do with anything? The points you've made about "Looks don't do this or that" really seem insignificant. I was referring to courtship and behavior - all of this is socially developed abstraction. Even if you're "being who you really are" you're probably just being a person who is not really "you" but who you define as yourself. To me, "be yourself" means social behavior without any etiquette - not thought out, not learned; "natural", which is nonexistent because all behavior is learned. IMO the whole 'true love beyond attraction' thing is a big ol' fantasy.

i've been with many a beautiful woman that i quickly found unattractive due to their shallowness, personality, different interests or beliefs. i'm not proud of it, but it's the reality. beauty is much more than looks to me personally, and it's taken me a few years to understand that.

that being said, i absolutely agree that when a smoking hot girl walks into the room in a low cut shirt and starts flirting with me i get excited. doesn't mean i want to be with her though.

shallowness, personality, interests, and beliefs are all part of the social behavior that make up "courtship". yeah, sometimes it is a dealbreaker, but it's not a two way street (for me anyway) i could never date a girl who was unattractive, no matter how interesting she was.

and you get excited when a smoking hot girl walks into the room in a low cut shirt and starts flirting with you because you DO want to be with her.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I understand the notion you've got to be attractive to your partner. But Doppel it sure sounds like we all have to accept that physical beauty is the ONLY type of beauty you're wrong (for some of us). Don't forgot beauty is TOTALLY subjective. For example, if that's your pic I find you incredibly un-attractive. But given your posts many ladies find you attractive to each their own. Another? Neo- absolutely hideous, physically. I also wouldn't get down with a ugly dude, but what I find super sexy many have told me eww, I'd never. So "be yourself" is legit advice- SOMEWHERE, there is a man who finds everyones look appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post

and you get excited when a smoking hot girl walks into the room in a low cut shirt and starts flirting with you because you DO want to be with her.
    Different looks excite different people. A girl you might not find attractive, I might. It's all subjective.

Personally, I either find a woman attractive or I don't. I don't have ranks within that (unless they have a fantastic butt.. then they get bonus points.)

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    I understand the notion you've got to be attractive to your partner. But Doppel it sure sounds like we all have to accept that physical beauty is the ONLY type of beauty you're wrong (for some of us). Don't forgot beauty is TOTALLY subjective. For example, if that's your pic I find you incredibly un-attractive. But given your posts many ladies find you attractive to each their own. Another? Neo- absolutely hideous, physically. I also wouldn't get down with a ugly dude, but what I find super sexy many have told me eww, I'd never. So "be yourself" is legit advice- SOMEWHERE, there is a man who finds everyones look appealing.
    On the contrary, some of your posts I find so annoying, that I could never be in a relationship with such a woman, even if she was drop dead gorgeous. Yes, I agree aesthetic beauty is subjective.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So then what's with the who cares if you're great, if you're ugly you're screwed attitude? What the hell is wrong with be yourself?

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    am i a shallow person? my last 3 sexual partners were way hotter than me. i am nothing but average looking. why you say? physical attraction. it won't last, but it will get you laid.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast