+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lesbian fantasies...

Lesbian fantasies...

I've done something terrible, twice.

A girl started work with me a year ago and we immediately became the best of friends. We very similar and I think she's wonderful! (how vain!!) She's 9 years older than me and so in a different place in her life- she's found her prince charming, got engaged and is buliding her dream house, while I'm still frolicking around being twenty-something. After one drunken night out 6 months ago, while sharing her bed (as we always did), things got very heated. She;s very affectionate and was cuddling me while i fell asleep and then we just started to touch each other and kiss etc...etc... We stopped and fell asleep before things got too heavy. I know she felt so guilty the next day, as did I, with her being engaged and us being straight!!! We put it down to drunkeness and us being a pair of crazies. I incidentally moved away a month later only to return home on holiday and do the same thing with her after a night out! the thing is, it's worse now as she is married, her mother is dying and she's going through a lot without this guilt on top. I feel terrible.
    I'm an attractive girl and am used to men chasing me etc.. but with her, I was very much the one pushing things further physically. she wanted to talk about it the next day to put her mind at rest but I felt too uncomfortable and ashamed to do so so I kept diverting the conversation and making stupid jokes. Her husband/everyone who knows either of us would be totally shocked by this as we both LOVE men and do not fancy each other at all usually!

Please help!!

eh, you don't need to be gay or even really bi to find yourself intimately desiring someone.
    I wouldn't worry about labeling it so much.

I would advise talking to her about it, and since she's building a life, she may want to figure out whether this is something she should have in it.
    It could be an exploratory phase and might pass, or it might not.

Personally, I think you two need to discuss the situation, and make some choices. Continue or not, and I would for sure discuss the husband aspect. While you're not direct competition, I would still label it as a potential issue.
    And as much as it pains me to say, I would avoid involving her hubby in any fashion till you have some sense of what this really means to your, and your friend.

Thank you so much for the advice. I think you're right, we do need to talk it out. But honestly this is not something I want to do again/ ever involve her husband in! I just want us to continue being best pals :-(

Well, you've done it twice, so I don't think it's something you can just pretend didn't happen if you desire staying best pals.
    I don't think you should be embarrassed or ashamed of it. Just figure out where you both stand.