+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I just leave it be?

Should I just leave it be?

Hey I need some help on this...

My girl broke up with me for the third time last wednesday but she did this right before I had to go to work so we really didnt have any time to say goodbye.

We were supposed to meet up today but she called and asked me to meet her tomorrow but as a response I hung up the phone... I did this because I can't go through another day waiting to see her, also I have to work tomorrow so there will be little time.

So should I forget about a final goodbye...?

I really think she at least owes me a decent breakup after about 1,5 years of shit together.

Also she wants to have her cake and eat it too because she wants to stay 'friends'

What to do?

Hanging up sounds appropriate. Like you said, she wants her cake and to eat it too; she won't give you a proper goodbye. Leave it as is, in my opinion.

Leave it, she doesn't seem to bothered about it...

She has broken up with you three times now? Why isn't the breakup sticking?
    Some people need closure. If she doesn't want to meet up today, you can't make her. If you don't want to meet up with her tomorrow, then tell her you two will have to find a day you can both agree on.
    However, if there is not anything that needs to be discussed (custody of children or pets, shared furniture, etc), there is no need to rush to have that final meeting. She may just be wanting to make sure you are okay. The idea of her wanting to be friends lends some support to that thought.
    I would let her know that you need a few days alone to deal with everything and then you can meet with her.
    Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

@devon The breakups had been about stupid reasons the first two times so I didnt give up but now she finally admitted not really loving me anymore or willing to do shit together.

My gut just tells me to rush this because it has already been one week of 0 contact... but maybe I'm impatient...

Thanks for your opinion grated and isa

Continue zero contact, even if she initiates.

U need to assess your relationship...was it a strong and loving one? U alone know if it's worth working out. Like u said u all had no major reason to break up the first two times. I'm not giving u hope but one thing i can tell u is that whn a woman is done with a guy she really doesn't want to meet him to discuss anything. The fact that both of u want ot meet up is a clear indication that u are not quite through with each other. What do u have to discuss?? C'mon if it were truly over why would u want to meet up. On th eother hand, if she really doesn't want to meet then maybe she is through. And why the petty break up...maybe she wants more attention from u. U need to see if it's worth it...if it's not then walk away!
    Last edited by sanai2875; 15-12-10 at 05:23 AM.

I've said this in several posts regarding 'lets still be friends'

The lets stay friends only works in a few situations. The vast majority of the time, there are ulterior motives to wanting to remain friends, where none of those motives are based on true friendship. Sometimes girls say that hoping to get their boyfriend back, sometimes they say it so they don't sound like the bad guy when they are the one doing the dumping, and sometimes they say it because they want to keep you around for platonic entertainment until they find a new boyfriend to entertain them.

So what do you want out of this 'decent break up' that you think she owes you? I don't get it? You want her to insult you and say what you did wrong? Or do you want to argue your way back in so she can break up with you a 4th time?

Maybe you owe YOURSELF a decent breakup, and depart with some pride. Next time she calls, just tell her, 'I've had some time to think about this. No I don't want to be friends. I already have friends and I don't need another one right now. And no I don't need to discuss the breakup. After three breakups, I think I finally get it, you don't want to date me. Goodbye and good luck.' And then hang up, shut off the cell phone, and go out with one of your real friends.

She wants to stay friends because she actually doesn't want to lose me, the reason she broke up is because she has no space in her head (life) for a boyfriend, next to university and her sorority.

I want to see her one last time just give her shirt back and some other stuff... maybe ill just throw it in a dumpster. Breakups dont always have to be like a fight. I really don't want back in. 3 times is a good maximum

Ok I don't think she's gonna call me again, but I deleted her number, messages and facebook.

I just read her last msg on facebook and it was from some asshole that mentioned sunday, where she apparently told him she was sleeping, but she told me she was really busy doing homework.

I gotta focus on hating her some more

Thanks everyone

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She wants to stay friends so she feels less guilty about dumping you. Don't do it. It will only make you feel worse and complicate the breakup.

Just cut contact and move on.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Sounds like you did the sensible thing in deleting her from your life. Keep the no contact & move on from her. The shirt & other stuff isn't that important enough to see her to give it back to her.

Put in a box in the closet for whenever she MAY want it back. Give it maybe a month, then throw it out if you want.