+ Follow This Topic

Thread: friendzoned

friendzoned

not sure if there have been many posts aobut this but

how do you gals treat guys when they are friend zoned?

can the guys get out of the friend zone?

okay so there is this girl that i have known forever, we've been close - we talk to each other on msn a lot, flirt sometimes, call each other names and what nots
    but i have a brother and they're close as well but they are closer, he is friendzoned forsure

but for me im not so sure, i think i could be clinging on hope here =/

ive been to the movies and out for dinner with this girl a couple of times, but they havent been as consistent as i would like, because of uni + other commitments etc.
    she never talks to me about relationships with other guys (she has had none really) and only once has said anything about a guy to me
    well recently she has asked to come over to watch a movie at my joint - does this mean anything? does this relationship possibly mean that it is leaning towards a romantic relationship rather than a friendship? is there anything i can do to test this out? that i can still have her as a friend since ive known her for so long? do girls ask their friends (who are stuck in the friendzone) to watch a movie at the males joint? (btw she wants to watch a romantic chick flick if that makes a difference)

well i like her but i dont want to like her as i have an inkling i am friend zoned but i am here to gather some views on this.
    guys girls input i dont care just give me your thoughts! and thank you before hand!

I treat guys in the "friend zone" as friends, basically the same way I treat my female friends, I guess. I don't know that there's this thing called a "friend zone" that exists for me. I have guy friends that I could consider dating, and then there are guy friends that I could never ever picture myself being with. Doable/undoable. I suppose one could go from doable to undoable pretty easily, though. Like if I saw a doable guy chewing with his mouth open or something, he would quickly become an undoable. Oh. Maybe the "friend zone" does exist for me. Hm.

Anyway. If that girl is flirting with you, that's a pretty good sign. I mean, don't be all dweeby and assume she has the hots for you just based on that, but you could try to ramp up the flirting a little. If she's receptive you can ask her out on a date. Be smooth. If she says no, no big deal.

FRIENDZONED!

pwnd.

when you're friendzoned, you're friendzoned. there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. sometimes, there's no physical or emotional attraction. the common misconception friendzoned guys get is that women who are friends with them are interested in them.. and this is primarily because these women CAN be flirty / nice. I am flirty / nice with many, many guys.. but guess what? this just means we're so comfortable with you (since you are our 'friend') that we feel that we can do anything around you.

You want to change this, stop being their friend. Stop being available to them, stop being their shoulder to cry on, and don't take them out. Since she hasn't talked about very intimate things about past BFs.....that's a good sign. Stop being a p u s sy and ask her out on a date. And during or after that date make your move. Be aggressive....take. Take a kiss from her, take her hand, lead her, be a man.....that is what they want.....confidence. Tip: never talk about your feelings for her, that will only scare her away. Feelings should come later when you are officially together.

You'll never know until you try

I agree with smackie9. There are some things you will never know till you try. Most cases the girl might not know what she really want until you ask her out. I mean what's the worse that could happen; She says NO! You can still have your friendship if you want to.

yeah usually when you're friendzoned you're friendzoned thats it really.
    You just have to accept it that it wasnt meant to be, there are no extra feelings obviously.
    and if there are she will let you know about it, you can't keep chasing if you spend time with her
    and have fun maybe she will look at you in another way but don't try coming onto her or trying to stimulate
    any feelings, move on I say, its just the way it is. Maybe you'll find another girl who strikes your fancy.

i agree that you must ask her out to see how she feels. if she's a friend, she'll politely decline. if she's not, she'll go for it. I've declined many dates from friends.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    Like if I saw a doable guy chewing with his mouth open or something, he would quickly become an undoable. Oh. Maybe the "friend zone" does exist for me. Hm.
    Merry, you entertain the hell out of me. LOL.

OP, you sound like you've got a chance. Step up the aggression on flirting and go for more body contact. Be aggressive. Be be aggressive.